Beach Day: Part One

Nathaniel's POV:

Yesterday was the last day of school. We were all extremely happy, so Marinette and her friends asked our principal if we could host a huge school party at the beach. To everyone's surprise, he agreed and charged us all a 5 dollar fee. 

I was getting ready for bed. The clock showed the time; 9 pm. The beach party was tomorrow, and I had bought a new swimsuit just for it. I couldn't wait to see Marc in a bathing suit... Wait what? I slapped myself, embarrassed at the thought of why I would even imagine Marc in a swimsuit.

I grabbed my sketchbook and started sketching absentmindedly. 'Marc... In a swimsuit...' I imagined again. I shook my head, trying to clear the thoughts I had. Why was I thinking about Marc like that? He's... just a friend.

Nope. The thing was that I wanted to be more than just a friend with him, but I'm afraid that it'd botch our relationship.

'Alright, Nath. You've had enough fun for today,' I said to myself. 'Time to go to bed.'  I saw what I was sketching and erased it immediately. You wouldn't want to know what was there. 

Marc's POV:

 I paced nervously around my room. It was 9 pm; I should've been in bed already. I debated whether I should call my friends to tell them that I was taking a rain check, or if I should just go and stay in a corner. But it was a beach; how would I hide? 

I had already asked my mother for advice; she'd told me that I should be proud of who I was and reveal myself. Personally, I'd thought that it was a bad idea, but I didn't have the guts to tell her. 

The thing about me was that I was transgender, and only my mother knew. I'm identified as a male by birth, but sometimes, I felt like a girl, so I wore skirts outside in public and styled myself up like a girl. I was too embarrassed to dress up like that in school though. 

'Should I call Nathaniel and tell him about my condition?'  I thought. 'He's the one that I trust the most. But I'm afraid that I'd ruin my relationship with him... as a friend...'  

I sighed. Another thing; I wanted to be more than just friends with Nath. When I saw him for the first time, I'd felt something special. Cliché, I know. I decided to call Marinette. I knew that I could trust her; she was the one who led me to Nathaniel in the first place.

Dialing Marinette's number, I sat back on my bed, hoping for the best. I waited for a while, but there was no answer. 

'That's strange... Why would Marinette be absent at this time of night? Maybe her phone isn't charged?' 

???'s POV:

My YoYo rang. I looked at the screen quickly. 

'Marc!' I thought. 'I hope it's nothing important... I'm really busy right now!' 

My superhero partner looked over my shoulder.

"Who's that?" He asked, seeing the number. I thought I saw a look of surprise, but I guess it was nothing.

"Someone..." I pondered if I should tell him or not because it could reveal our identities. 'Nah, it's going to be fine,' I thought. 'Paris is huge. There's no way that Cat goes to the same school as me...'  "Someone from my school." I say.

Cat Noir's eyes widened a bit. 

"What?" I asked.

"Uh- nothing," Cat said, rubbing his neck. It reminded me of someone I knew who rubbed their neck like that, but I couldn't picture their face clearly. 

'Cat... could he be someone I know?' I thought. 'I knew that I should have told him about Marc...'

An arrow flew towards Cat Noir. 

"Look out!" I yell, pushing him aside, however it was too late. He got hit. 

"Not this again," I groaned. 

Marc's POV:

I hung up, disappointed and scared. Who would I call now? I already had the answer in my head, but I didn't want to. My fingers trembling, I dialled Nathaniel's number. 'I have to tell him... it's for the best.'

I held my breath, waiting for someone to pick up.