Emotionless

Random guy who's about to be Akumatized POV:

"It's not fair!" I shout, looking around me, seeing joy everywhere. People laughing. People celebrating. People who are having a good life. I stare back in my hand. Termination letters. Failed interviews. Failing college. 

"Why can't I be happy? Why is everyone else so happy?!" I cry, slumping down.

Hawkmoth's POV:

"Ah! A young lad who's failing at everything; therefore having no happiness; the perfect type of emotion for my Akumas. Fly away, creature of the dark and evilize this miserable soul!"

A black and purple butterfly emerges out of my hand and flies out the window. 

*-- Time Skip --*

Nathaniel's POV:

Alix and I were chatting in the art room. She was waiting for Rose and Juleka to bring her some supplies, and I was waiting for Marc.

"Are you going to Kitty Section's rehearsal?" Alix asked.

"I don't know if I have time," I responded. Alix smirked. "Aw, that's too bad. Because I heard that Marc is going~" She taunted.

"I-" I began to speak but was interrupted by Rose screaming and running into the room. 

"EEEK! There's something wrong with Juleka!" She shrieks. "She's, like, almost dead!" 

"What?!" Alix and I screeched. 

"Well, not dead," Rose explained, "But it's like she's stopped functioning! She's completely given up! Her eyes are pale, and... it's like she has no emotion!" 

"Could it be an Akuma?" Alix wondered aloud. 

"Where's Juleka? Let's go to her," I said. Rose nodded and led the way. 

When we arrived, Juleka was walking around like a mindless zombie. 

"Juleka!" Rose yelled. Juleka turned around and stared at us. She did look almost... empty. 

"See? I told you! What should we do?!" Rose exclaimed worriedly. 

"I... I think we should let her stay here," Alix said, "And not get close to her. You know how Hawkmoth can give others the power to multiply," She told us. "Just like when Miss Bustier got Akumatized, her victims could spread."

"Yeah..." My mind went back to the time Miss Bustier turned into 'Zombizou' because Chloe did something mean to Marinette. 

'Marinette,' I thought. 'She's always getting in trouble by Chloe...' I imagined Marinette on that day, looking so fierce and determined. No wonder I had a crush on her before... she'd do anything to prove that someone did something wrong. But now, I like Marc...

"Marc!" I shouted. "Where is he?!" 

"I don't know," Rose looked around, "I haven't seen him yet..." 

"I'm going to go look for him. You guys stay safe!" I yelled. Alix nodded and pulled Rose closer to her. "C'mon, Rose. Let's go somewhere else. Juleka will be safe here." Rose nodded and followed Alix inside a classroom.

"Marc!" I shout, looking in every classroom, "Where are you?!" 

"Nathaniel?" I hear. A tiny, quiet voice. 

"Marc!" I say, relieved. "Come out, it's me!" I see Marc's adorable— I mean scared face pop out from behind a desk. 

"Are you ok? Did you get hurt?" I asked, concerned. 

"I'm fine, Nathaniel. How about you?" Marc asked, his innocent green eyes peering into mine. 

I blushed. "I'm fine too!" I wanted to say more, but I saw a crumpled paper ball surrounded by a purple light fly towards Marc. He couldn't see it, because it was behind him. 

"Marc! Watch out!" I yell, but it was too late for Marc to move, so I pushed him out of the way. I felt a burst of pain rise from my body when the ball hit me.

Marc's POV: 

"Marc! Watch out!" Nathaniel yells at me. I was confused, so I froze. Nathaniel jumped towards me and pushed me. 

"Wha—?" I hit the ground, pain bouncing up my left leg. 

"Ow..." I look back up at Nathaniel, who was on top of me, his leg between my legs. I blushed. 

"Nath...?" I whispered. He looked at me, and I gasped at what I saw. This person in front of me wasn't Nath. It couldn't be! His eyes were blank, his skin was pale... He looked dead. 

"Nathaniel! What happened?" I stand up, extending my hand for him, but Nathaniel just stood up by himself and completely ignores me. 

"Nath?" He looked at me again but said nothing. I felt scared; I'd never seen him like this. I ran outside, hoping to find someone. A huge wave of relief washed over me when I saw Alix, Rose and Juleka.

"Guys!" I shout. 

"Marc!" Alix shouts back. "We found a way to reverse the curse!"

"Curse?" I ask, "What curse?" But I already knew what she'd say.

"The curse that happens once you're hit by a paper ball! You have to kiss the person to 'revive' them!" Rose squeaks back at me. "I kissed Juleka, and she's back now!" Juleka smiled faintly at Rose and kissed her on the forehead. A/N: YES JULEROSE 

I blushed and thought of what I had to do to get Nathaniel back.

Alix noticed. "Ah~, did Nath get hit?" She smirks. I look away. 

"Go kiss your Prince Charming,' she whispers to me. "It's the perfect opportunity~" 

"Hmph." I rush towards the room where I had left Nathaniel. 

"I'll be right back, guys!" I shout to Rose and Juleka. I didn't notice that Alix was behind me, filming with her phone. 

"Nathaniel!" I yell. Thankfully, he was still in the room. He turned towards me. I grab him by his wrists and kiss him.

Alix grinned from behind me, snapping a million pictures. I didn't care, I was too busy looking at Nath. His eyes were turning back into the beautiful turquoise colour, and his skin flushed with colour again.

I began to pull away seeing that he was fine, but he grabbed the back of my head gently and pushed me closer. My eyes widened, but I didn't complain. 

Suddenly, a huge wave of butterflies and ladybugs swarmed over me and Nathaniel. We both pulled away from our kiss, blushing. Then we heard clapping.

Rose and Juleka were at the doorway, as was Alix. "You two are really cute together," she comments. We both blush harder but smiled. 

Nathaniel hugs me. 

"Don't do that again," I whisper. 

"But I'd always sacrifice myself to protect you~" He sais. I hug him closer to me.

"Hmm~" 

Alix grins and told us that she'd send the images she took to everyone we knew. 

"What?! Nooo!!" I shout, chasing after her. Nathaniel follows, along with Rose and Juleka. We all laugh, like the good friends... or maybe more... we were.

Nathaniel's words still echoed in my head.

'But I'd always sacrifice myself to protect you'

I smiled to myself secretly. He was right; I'd do the same too.