foreword

Heartless:
Foreword

❝ Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable. ❞

MAX COLLINS didn't know a lot of things. She didn't know her parents' names, nor who they were or why they left her at the orphanage. She didn't know why it seemed like time didn't move in her town or why no one could remember a life outside of it. She didn't know why she had strange dreams at night that seemed more like memories to her. She wasn't even really sure who she was sometimes.
But she knew one thing. HENRY MILLS was the best thing that had ever happened to her – and she believed in him.

MAXIE COLLINS

I want to push him away

I want to push him away. I want to shove and kick and run in the opposite direction. The thought of closeness and vulnerability is nauseating. A constant and violent monologue of reasons why I mustn't let him close. And yet, ever so gently, he will call. He will always call. He will force his presence upon me in the only way he knows how: with love.

"I wish you wouldn't look at me like that."
"Like what?"
"I don't know," she hesitated. "Like you could love me."

— Sue Zhao

I've aged up Henry for this story. He's just two years older. So he's 12 in season 1 and 16 in season 6.

WARNING: This story includes heavy themes of PTSD and psychological abuse. Reader discretion is advised.

I do not own Once Upon A Time (obviously). I only own my own characters and their stories.

start: march 30th 2022

[poem belongs to amountd on tumblr]