F O U R : S L E E P-W A L K I N G

CHAPTER FOUR

It was so cold outside the room. Now that I realized he did not wear any coat or sweater. How can he stand the cold? It's freezing. Luckily there was a small fireplace in the room. It was lit into the normal temperature that suited to my liking. I walked back to the bed and clicked the bedside lamp when I saw the switch.

The room looked very luxury with the Moroccan decorated dark red carpet and two single wooden beautifully crafted chair next to a window. I walked straight to the window. Maybe I can get an idea of where I am. But everything outside the window was white. I can see windy snow whirl in the air through the moonlight.

Spooky.

My palm flatted on the window surface and it was stone cold. I was probably somewhere in the north pole or up in the mountain with snow. I don't know what to do because I don't want to sleep on the bed anymore. So I dragged my blanket and cuddled with it on the chair next to the window.

Miraculously with the silent, dark and cold room my migraine pain getting reduced. But as soon as I was about to close my eyes and engulfed to sleep, the door was sprung open harshly from outside. The Alpha guy who kidnapped me strode in with large steps and sat on the other chair next to me. The door was slowly closed by itself.

"Ibuprofen is a painkiller for human." He stated standing in front of me. Now that he mentioned the word human again made me wonder why did he classify me as another species than him. That's a weird kind of word to converse.

"I had migraine." His face blank. So I continued. "It's the worst type of headache."

"Look. We don't have any medicine here. If you want it, you have to wait until tomorrow morning. I will send someone to get your medicine from packhouse." He spoke firmly ditched away my pain.

I glanced outside the window ignoring what he had said. I don't even want to know what is packhouse. I can't get the medicine tonight, I need to force myself to sleep. Sleep was the only medicine that I can get right now.

"Why did you take me here?"

"Because you made me do a mistake. This is a punishment for you to pay your debt to me. You need to stay with me here. This is your home now." I wonder why was it my fault in his mistake. But I don't want to press it further. I was tired with the word 'debt'. I have been paying my parents' debt for all my life. And now I get myself into one.

I pressed my forehead to the window. The coldness of the glass seeped into my skin. It was somehow soothing. "What about my grandma? Is she here too?"

He relaxed back to the chair. Hands-on both of the armrest. "Your grandma stay there. Bella will take care of her."

"How about my stuff?" Even though I don't really have much stuff, my stuff was still precious to me.

"Madeline will bring it tomorrow." He answered short.

Once again I was been left alone in this room. He walked away after he said what he wanted to say. Not that I want to ask anything since my head was still hurting. I would prefer to be alone right now, indulging in my migraine and misery life. I should ask him what should I do here. What I should do to clear my debt to him.

Snow.

When I wake up, I was laying in the snow outside the house.

Cold.

I don't know how long I am here but my sweater was wet.

Sun.

I can see the sun but I did not feel the sun.

The coldness from the snow to my bone. My hands are freezing, my lips cannot move as usual and my eyes were burning. I need warmth, I need the sun, I need the fire right now.

Quickly, I get on my feet and looked around. It was early in the morning. I was about 50 meter from a big black cottage. The top of the roofs was covered with snow. There were no fence or any plant surrounded the cottage. I think that was the place I stayed before.

There was another building not far for the house. The three-storey building with a simple rectangular shape. I can see people guarding the building, two-person on the roof and the other two on each side of the building. There was nothing else in this land only two building and snow. A lot of snow.

I wonder what they were guarding.

But whatever it was, I need to get out of this snow before I'm frozen. I walked back through the thick white snow. My feet suck in the snow up to my knees and in this heavy snow, I don't even wear any shoes. My sleepwalking will be the death of me if I need to stay in this place.

When I back in the house, I meet the nervous face of the guy I meet before. I really need to learn his name if he was the only person who talked to me. He quickly pulled me inside the house and dragged me into the fireplace that looked like it was never been used before.

"Thank Moon Goddess that you are alive!" The breathes it out as he put a thick blanket on me. "I will get killed if you are missing." He continued as he brought me a mug of hot chocolate.

"Thanks." I don't really know how to reply to him. This was an awkward moment when I don't really know him and I am in an awkward position to explain. I just try to avoid any hard question.

"Please don't tell Alpha about this."

"I think so." He did not ask me where I go or when I get out. That's good.

"He will get angry and I'll be dead for neglecting you before I get a mate. I just went out to get us some pizza and you are gone. I am super worried I though you are kidnapped by a monster or something. I almost want to send a search party for you. You should tell me where you want to go to. " He continued blabbing me while taking sit on the floor next to me in front of the fire.

"I.. er.." How can I explain to him about my sleepwalking? I was confused too. Should I go to see a doctor? But seeing the doctor means money out. 

"Does this fire warm enough for you?" He got into my word without I can explain anything.

"Erm. Yeah, it's fire so it's warm?" I asked him back. "Don't you feel cold?"

"I don't think I can explain this to you. But to answer your question Luna, I don't feel cold. Try to hold my hand." He gave out his hand to me. I automatically grabbed his hand.

"Yeah, you are warm." Fascinating how some people can stand cold without being anything warm.

"What are you two doing in front of the fire and holding hands?" A dark tone of someone we both knew growled from the back of us. He looked so pissed right now.

Crap.

Now, we were both going to die.