F I V E : H O U S E & P R I S O N

CHAPTER FIVE

The guy I am with quickly get on his feet and stay 3 meters away from me. He acted as we just do the most sinful act. I place the mug on the floor and pulled the blanket to cover my wet sweater but my shivered hands cannot be hidden.

"Alpha Nesrin." He bowed his head a little before standing straight.

"Why did she shivered in cold? It's hot in here." Alpha Nesrin barked at him in a loud voice. I feel like I was being scolded too. But the guy did not reply since we both already agreed that we need to keep this as our secret.

"I went to take a walk outside for a while." I said tried to get away from the real problem. The problem was I had sleepwalking but I don't want to tell that to them. Not yet. Since he can't see the condition of my cloth due to the blanket, I can just say I take a walk.

Who takes a walk until their sweater gets wet?

He grabbed me by the blanket and pulled me toward upstairs to the previous room I occupied before. He manhandles me. There was another door that leads to a spacious bathroom and a wardrobe. When my feet touch the bathroom floor I instantly gasped. The floor was stone cold.

"What?"

"The floor is cold." I uttered slowly. He frowned and then pulled a pair of the oversized slipper from a counter drawer.

"Use mine." He really never gave a thought about anyone would stay in this house except them. "After showering, just wear anything that suits you from my wardrobe." He gestured to the huge walk-in wardrobe to the next door connected to the toilet.

I locked the door after he exited the room. So this was his room. I thought this was a guest room or an unused room. The hit of realization as I remembered I slept on his bed. He let me use his room, slept in his bed and wear his clothes. This was an unusual act to a totally stranger especially they have debt with you.

I don't understand this situation but I need to get out of this sweater right now. I take it off and put it on the sink counter. I can feel the coldness to my bone right now. I tap on warm water from the shower. It warms my hands. I searched for a clean towel in the drawer. There I found a spare toothbrush too. I didn't think he would mind me using these.

After showering at a fast speed, I wrapped the towel all over me and walked to the walk-in wardrobe. There perfectly arranged many sorts of clothes but mostly winter cloth at the end of the room appeared to be less used. Now that I realized he only wears a t-shirt and jeans walked from outside. These people must be lived here too long that they adapt to the weather or so I thought.

I picked the thin light blue hoodie and match it with a black wool knitted sweater. Somehow felt like I was in a cloth store pick and match cloth to wear. I went to the empty side of the wardrobe and change. The cloth already falls to my mid tight. I went back to the drawer to pick a tracksuit. I tied the tracksuit higher because it was long and baggy.

Ridiculous.

I clean back the bathroom and placed used towel and my sweater into the rack next to the counter. I exited the room slowly because my cloth was too big. But I stopped in the hallway when I heard these two people talking in the living room.

"I never thought of the day I got a mate. I was authorized here to take care of the prisoners. Now I got a mate to take care of. A human mate to be exact."

"Maybe you can put her in the packhouse?"

The Alpha growled lowly. "I can't do that. My wolf will go crazy. Besides, she's human. What do you aspect the other pack members just accept her easily?"

"Maybe if you marked her they will accept?"

The Alpha growled again. "I can't do that too. It's too early for her. She doesn't even know what are we. I need to explain to her about us before I explain about mate things." He sighed. The big bad guy sounded tired.

I stepped to the stair to listen more. The only thing I noticed were human, packhouse, mark, mate and prisoners? What the hell were they talking about? Why were the terms so weird? What were they? Were they really mafia?

"You can come down here." The Alpha suddenly speak. Well, I guess he already knew I ear dropped their conversation. I feel shame when I walked down the stairs. They both looked at me with wide eyes looking at me from head to toe.

"What?"

"Do you want to go outside again?"

"No, of course not. It's freezing outside."

"Are you that cold?" The Alpha asked me with less little concern in this voice.

"Yes." I stated clearly. And I don't understand why these guys not cold but the question just buried inside me. He gave no reaction and just sat there reading a newspaper.

"Let me show you around." The guy who was nice to me broke the silence while gesturing to his right. "Ladies first." He smiles.

This house has about 16 rooms each room had its own bathroom but there was also a bathroom in the kitchen. From my eyes, this house was classic. The kitchen was on the other side of the house. It was huge with a lot of food store.

"Sometimes, in hard weather our friend cannot come up here to give us food. So we sometimes stuck in here for weeks without new supply." He went to the pile of vegetables and picked an apple threw it at me. I caught it right before it smashed on my face.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I asked harshly in a joking tone. But his face turned to serious.

"Sorry. I don't mean to throw it hard."

"Never mind. I'm just trying to be frank." I took a bite on the apple. The sweetness juicy apple was so delicious. "What is your name?" I forgot to ask him. I simple first name basic should be asked long ago.

"River." He answered simply. He had a nice name.

"And you are the alpha's brother?"

"No. No way. I am his long-distance cousin.. sort of." He laughed dryly while nodding slowly.

"Where are the others?"

"Working in the next building." His hand gesture to the building that we can see from the kitchen's window. The building looked eerie from here. The stone-cold wall was dark and haunted.

"You mean the prison?" I tried to push some information from him.

"Yup. You heard it right." I made a thin smile. He just smirked knowing that I can be sneaky sometimes.

"What should I do here? Alpha said I need to stay here to pay my debt. I guess I have to work on something." I sat on one of the chairs in the huge table in the living room.

"You just keep this house clean." A deep voice came to the kitchen with an old woman who looked very motherly. "And help Sophie in the kitchen." I stood up to greet her. Well, at least there was another female in this house that I can talk to.

This house somehow formal. I miss grandma.