S E V E N : W E R E W O L F

CHAPTER SEVEN

I am a slow eater. I like to smell and taste my food not just eating and swallowed everything. It will me much monger time consuming when the portion was large. All the guards already excused themselves to go back to work. They only have 3 hours rest in a day. Later another five guys came in from the prison and greet us.

Alpha.

Luna.

Sophie.

Alpha was still here on his seat watching me eating my oversized sandwich. It's just me and him in the dining table. I cannot help but swallow everything fast in this awkward situation. I wonder why he did not leave together with the guard. Can I at least eat in peace after getting laughed by them?

"Are you normally eating at this speed?" He asked a little bit annoyed.

"Normally, I eat slower than this alone in the kitchen and nobody judges me."

Oops watched your mouth, Nerissa. Alpha just watched me unfazed with my replied and pretended that no conversation had happened.

Later he just sat on the chair and drink a cup or multiple cups of coffee to kill the time. Sophie already finished cooking and packed prisoners food next to the door. She came and sit at the other end of the table and eat quietly. When I finished my sandwiches, the Alpha brought me to sit on the sofa the living room.

Warm.

"I spare my precious time this evening to spend time with you. I need to explain to you about me, my kind and this place. You can ask questions at the end." He uttered in one breath. I nodded. Finally, someone who would tell me what was running in here.

"First, I am Lord Nesrin the Alpha of Black Snow Pack. I also take care of the deadliest prisoners from all over the packs, The Mountain Prison. The only person you have to refer first for everything is me. The prison is the building next door and my pack is down the hill away from here for protection. You will not go anywhere without me. You are safe here with me" He paused and took a breath.

The irony of black and snow. I nodded as I have no problem following orders. I like orders and rules, as long as it did not burden me, I'm cool.

"Secondly, you are my soulmate. Alpha's soulmate is called Luna. That makes you the Luna of this pack. But you will not be doing any Luna works since I already gave the responsibility to my Beta, the second in command a long time ago. You will just stay here by my side." He paused again.

Soulmate.

Luna.

Beta.

I took note on the unfamiliar terms he used. I need to remember it so I can search for it later. But when he said that I just stay here meaning that I am trapped here forever? Can I still go out and travel the world? Travel was my dream and I really wanted to go that before I died. I still need money to travel thou. This is somehow unfair for me.

"Thirdly, we are werewolf." He stopped looking at my reaction.

Werewolf.

"What?" I thought I heard it wrong.

"We are werewolf, half-human and half-wolf."

"You mean the animal wolf?" He gave me are you kidding me face but nodded later. "How can you turn to an animal? You are human. Animals are animals." I asked dumbfounded. Did he try to make fun of me? Am I look that dumb?

"It runs in my blood. That's why we live in our own community far from human. That's why the other Alpha freak out when he discovered you are a human living in the werewolf community."

"I still cannot believe this. This is hard to believe. Are you joking?" Come on. Did he turn into a wolf? How can I just believe that?

"My life is not a joke!" He growled. His hand shook and his instantly eyes turned to black. I stepped back a little to distance myself from the angered Alpha. Eyes turned to all black was not normal. Did I say something wrong?

Shit.

He stands back a little. I don't think that he will stop his anger. Sophie came rushing from the kitchen and pulled me back toward closest the window as she sensed something was wrong. Her face showed concern and a bit scared. Did he really going to turn into a wolf?

A wolf?

Like, really?

In a split second, he launched a closer of me throwing the sofas aside with his paw. A paw. He was in front of me in midnight black wolf. I think I had seen this wolf before but I forgot where. My heartbeat fastened as I finally realized that it was Alpha that transformed into a wolf.

I was already gone crazy.

The wolf moved closer to my face which made me hold my breath afraid of what the wolf might do. He stopped inches from my face and sniffed my neck. This was an awkward moment because I want to run away but at the same time, my feet glued to the floor.

"Alpha." Sophie bowed politely. So it's real, he was that human Alpha that turned into this wolf.

"You can touch him. He would not hurt you since both of you are soulmate." Sophie spoke later let go of my hand that grabbed her arm. I don't realize when did I grab her. Everything just happened in the blink of the eyes. I exhaled slowly knowing that if I move slightly, my body could brush his fur.

"Can he move back a little?" I asked Sophie that maybe she knew how to talk to Alpha since I cannot talk to a wolf. I talked to a wolf really sound insane. Nope, he turned into a wolf was insane.

Alpha growled lowly sending shivers into my bone. He made me scared to move. After lingering for seconds near my neck, he back a bit and sat on his back foot like a dog waiting to be pet.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Slowly I raised my hand to touch his head. His fur was soft as silk not that I aspect it to be rough but should wolf had a rough fur due to their scary appearance? This was the first time I pet a wolf. He purred slowly when my hand stroke his ears. I guess Alpha was a bit nicer when he turned into a wolf.

It stayed for a couple minutes before he went to some random rooms nearby and came back with a new t-shirt and jeans. His slightly curly hair tousled messily. I guess he transformed back into human form. I just realized that the t-shirt he wore before was shredded into pieces on the floor. That really confirm that he was a beast.

"Any question?"

It was a sickening silent. Both Alpha and Sophie eyes drilled on me like I am a piece of wood ready to be stuck on the wall. The situation made me hard to think right now. I think I need time and space to adapt to their werewolf thing. I wondered why I did not pass out from shock or sudden weird phenomenon.

There were so many random questions I wanted to ask like what is a soulmate? How did he knew I am his soulmate? He can be mistaken me with other werewolf girls or something. When can I go to the packhouse? How big was the packhouse and community under the hill? Can I go out and travel? Were they associated with the mafia? Was I safe to stay here next to the prison?

"Emm.. can I get my own room?"

"Why? You don't freak out of me change into a wolf. Why do you want your own room?"

"Because.. I need my privacy and personal space to think about all of this." I gesture to everything inside the room including him. He sighed, internally thinking.

"Sure. But only for a week, you can stay in the guest room next to my room." He agreed to my request. I smiled triumphantly as I at least got my own room if I was going to stuck here. I need to extend that timeline he gave from a week to forever.

"And the fourth thing is, you can call me by my name, Nesrin."

"Nesrin." This was the first time I called his name. Somehow he had a unique name and almost the same with me. But I think he suited the name Alpha more.