FATE

It was late at night and Regis was busy stirring a bubbly liquid in a black cauldron inside the crypt he had made his place of residence for the time being. Mere-Lachaiselongue Cemetery was bustling at night, teeming with Wraiths, Archespores, Ghouls and Kikimores. But the crypt was nice and quiet, perfect for Regis to focus on his alchemy in peace. He does have the occasional disruption from unwanted guests at the locked door of the crypt trying to get inside, most definitely to raid and plunder.

Regis was ready to settle in for the night until the sound of a womans cry from outside alerted him to come to a sudden stand. His vampire senses clearly picked up someone's distress and being the vampire that he was he couldn't ignore it. He had to invesitigate and help.

Shifting into a dark mist, the vampire floated outside of the crypt and towards the pleas of help, soon coming across a young woman holding her leg next to a grave. The immediate smell of blood tickled the inside of his nostrils making him shudder from the nostalgic scent. He quickly morphed back into his physical form and made his way closer to the human, hoping not to scare her.

"Are you alright miss? I heard your cries of help." Regis spoke softly as he neared the woman. As soon as she raised her head to show her face which was clearly in pain, the vampire stopped suddenly. The woman from the other day, he thought as he took in the face of the beautiful woman from Beauclair.

"My leg is badly hurt. Please help me good sir." She said as tears welled in the corners of her eyes.

"Please, call me Regis." Regis crouched down beside her and unclipped the flap to his bag. His eyes searched her bare leg, eyeing instantly a large open gash in her flesh. It bled and oozed, bubbling around the edge of the terrible wound. "You've been attacked and badly poisoned by an Archespore. If we don't treat this you will most definitely die very soon."

"Can you help me Regis? Please, I don't want to die." The young woman was on the verge of crying before him, pleading for him to save her in any way.

"I have the remedy for the poison back at my home. I'll take you there." Regis leaned in and picked the woman up with ease, carrying her in his arms. She rested her head into his neck, the poison making her extremely weak and perspire quite heavily.

"Thank you Regis..."