Ride The Waves ans Sian nominated for Oscars!!

BREAKING NEWS: Ride The Waves and Sian nominated for Oscars!!

Sian made her American acting debut in the movie 'Ride The Waves.' Ride The Waves tell the story of Kalani Zhou was a pro surfer, she had won many awards and competitions. She was the best one of the best surfers in Hawaii. But one tragic accident changed everything. Kalani, her sister Malia and her dad went surfing when they encountered a Shark. Kalani and her dad got attacked.

Kalani managed to get away but her dad was not so lucky. Kalani ended up living while her dad died trying to save her.

Ever since that day Kalani grew a fear of the water and quit surfing. She hated that she survived and her dad didn't. She wished that it was her not her father or she wished she could save her father. Five years later and Kalani has not surfed since.

Kalani lost everything her fame, her boyfriend and her friends. Everything changes when newcomer Elijah comes into her life and shakes up her complicated life and helps her overcome her fear.

Since the movie has come out on August 24 it gained so much attention. The movie sold 255.4 million USD in the box office and gained 97% from Rotten Tomatoes. Many have said this more is fun and light-hearted, with teen romance but also gives a strong message of overcoming your fears and find yourself again.

So when the news came out of it begin nominated for Oscars it was no surprise. Ride The Waves is being nominated for Best Picture, Best Visual Effects, Best Director, Best Orinagal Song. Sian took part in writing a song for Ride The Waves called 'Write You a Poem' but made it even more special Sian sang it Chinese and was featured in the movie.

Aside from the movie being nominated Sian has been nominated for Best Actress. We all hope Sian and Ride The Waves win. We especially hop Sian wins Best Actress Award.

Source (1) (2)

Comments

I am so happy for her!

Hope She wins Best Actress

Please let her win Best Actress

Also, Let Ride The Waves win something.