|| prologue ||

p r o l o g u e
¤
1 | 1 5 | 2 0
¤
A/N: The song doesn't go with the chapter, but its good and you should definitely give it a listen.
¤

   Your past was a long and mostly uncomplicated one. You had been a neutral from the very start of the war. You'd worked a dead end job at an energon depot, and mostly kept to yourself. You had a few friends, no family, and no future either.

   Things were heating up on Cybertron. It scared you, but something was bound to happen because conditions were so awful. When war broke out, the planet was overtaken by panic. You had stayed as a neutral in the beginning, most people did the same, thinking things would blow over. You just didn't want to get involved with the war in general.

   Your friends decided to join the Decepticons. One said the were doing it because they genuinely believed in the cause, another was just doing it because Vos had fallen days ago. Seekers were not safe under anything other than Megatron's rule. Feeling pressured, you joined too.

   Leaving seemed less and less like an option the longer you were in. You regretted your decision ever since.

   The planet soon became so destroyed from war that it lost the ability to support life. The AllSpark was sent away. You were put on a ship with people you didn't know and a chain of command that you didn't respect.

   One of your superior officers was a thick,  heavily built grounder. He quickly grew close to you and began courting you. You'd known this was a bad idea from the start too, his grin and optics had something sinister behind them, but you were so lonely and in need of somebody to fill up the whole in ypur spark that'd grown. He had become the light in a dark place, the love of your life, or at least until you'd caught him sleeping around with other Cons. He hadn't meant any of it.

   You ignored him for the most part afterwards. After a surprise bout of morning sickness, you became so angry you knew you couldn't ignore him any longer. He became your first kill. Funny enough, that earned you a promotion.

   You didn't want the sparkling at all, but at the same time you absolutely did. You'd always wanted a little one, just not like this. In the end, you kept it, and many many months later, cries poured out of the Medbay as the doctors cleaned off the newspark and placed him in your arms. Hopefully now they'd stop spreading rumors about it and your nonexistent sexual life.

   Some people actually respected you more after that. You were climbing through the ranks, slowly but surely, proving your mettle and worth and strength, all the while raising your son. Many were excited to see and meet the little one. Others were not so nice, of course, and snide comments and glares became more frequent. You got more unwanted attention from having the only sparkling on board.

   You got time off after giving birth, though not much, as you had to stay useful. It was a Decepticon ship after all. If you weren't being useful, you'd die. You suspected that none of them were too keen on creating orphans, so you had an advantage and an excuse.

   You were transferred from ship to ship to ship throughout your career. Your son, who you named Vega, became a lovely and bright sparkling, with a thick seeker build and your optics. You aged (with grace you hoped) from battle and the general nuisance that was your colleagues.

  Unfortunately, one of the last ships you were on was approached by a few Autobot ships while heading over to a new galaxy.

   "Sir! We're taking critical damage! We need to abandon ship!" You yelled.

   The mech in charge heeded your words. Alarms rang throughout the ship, flashing red in every room. Every bot that wasn't impaled by shrapnel or unconsciousness from being thrown around by the ship was running for an escape pod.

   You were dashing towards the medbay. The doctors and nurses had volunteered to babysit while you worked. You squeezed your slim seeker figure through the crowd, your wings shaking with fear. You needed to get your little boy and get out of here.

   You finally arrived at the medical bay doors. They slid open to reveal a nurse, who handed you Vega before running for their life. You gave him a big kiss on the forehelm before running after them.

   "Creator! What's going on?! I'm scared!" Vega cried, tears pouring out. He was overwhelmed by the alarms and lights and the crowd trying to save themselves. His wings trembled and sank their lowest position.

   "I'll explain later, my star, but not now! Don't be scared, everything will be fine!" To be a parent was to make many false promises.

   You and Vega managed to reach an escape pod in time. You held the little mechling in your arms as the pod launched and soared through space, away from the destruction. The ship exploded. You looked away, choking down your fear, and covered Vega's optics. He was too young to witness such.

   You were headed for a planet called Earth. You hoped that there was somebody who would help you. Autobots, Decepticons, you'd killed them both it didn't matter. You just needed somebody to help your son.