|| trouble ||

c h a p t e r  s e v e n
4 | 3 0 | 2 0
¤

   Recharge had been surprisingly unelusive. You'd just shut down after you hit the berth. You hadn't realized how tired you were. Maybe that's why you'd kissed Dreadwing on the cheek?

   Just the thought of the moment embarrassed you. But oh well, you thought as you rolled off your berth, what happened happened. That goes for all that occurred that day, you thought sadly, looking at your waking son. He stretched his little wings and limbs, his optics fluttering and adjusting.

   It had just been a few days inbetween then and now. You'd begged to have them free to comfort your child more, with the promise that you would overwork yourself to make up the work. Megatron was peeved, but ultimately didn't care as long as you got the job done and didn't frag up royally.

   "Lights on fifty percent," you ordered. The room did just that.

   "Nooooo," whined Vega, covering his optics. He rolled onto his front.

   "You have to get up at some point. I have to work at the bridge for a little while, and Dreadwing may have to follow up a little later, but his services aren't likely to be required as of today, so you'll be seeing quite a bit of him today. I have to go real soon, so he's gonna come around and watch you again, okay?" You informed the child, leaning over him on your servos. Vega uncovered his adorably large, cherry red optics and nodded.

   "You gonna be alright?" After everything? Vega nodded again, though less sure of this answer than the last. You couldn't blame him. You kissed his forehelm and scratched the top of his helm playfully. You tickled his tummy and and broke out in a grin upon hearing his wild giggles. You stopped after a minute and gave him another forehelm kiss, before walking over to the door.

   Your seeker wings were level. You were calm and collected. Last night felt like another weight added onto your shoulders, but not that it was out of the way, you simultaneously felt a weight being lifted off. The discovery had been made, and you and Vega had time to accept it and move on.

   "What are we gonna do now?" Asked the little one, turning to face you. The last little bedbug made himself more comfortable in the berth. His gaze however, was one of childhood concern.

   "What do you mean?"

   "Instead of flight lessons, I mean." Vega paused, curling in on himself and avoiding your gaze. "Since . . . y'know."

   "Well, you'll still need to learn how to fight. Its a dangerous world out there, you know." You teased him with the promise of adventure. His optics lit up at your insinuation.

   "You're gonna teach me how to fight?! Dreadwing too?"

   You nodded, standing straighter with your sharp servos on your hips.

   Vega cheered, hopping onto his pedes and jumping around on the berth. "Woohoo! I wanna learn how to use a sword-gun thing-y like he has! Ooooh! Or a staff thing like Knocky!" He proceeded to pretend to slash around a saber before using a powerful gatling gun. You laughed aloud at his display.

   "Oh you will learn to be mighty in as many forms of combat as you like, my little warrior!" You cane up to the berth again and rubbed his helm. You couldn't help but hug him and kiss his puffy cheeks.

   The door pinged. "Come in!" You answered. You unhugged Vega as Dreadwing came throught the sliding door. You greeted the mech with a chirpy, "Good morning!"

   "Y/N," he nodded to you. He turned to your son. "Good morning, little one."

   Vega smiled and wave heartily. Dreadwing let the small smile reserved only for Vega slip onto his features.

   Dreadwing stepped into the room.

   "Don't cause him too much trouble, alright sweetie?" You playfully told your son. You gave him a little wave. You glanced over at Dreadwing, giving him a nod. "I'll see you on the bridge, lieutenant."

   Dreadwing nodded back, the smile no longer on his derma. You could see it in his eyes though, as you left your berthroom.

¤

   You had been typing in boredom at one of the wall spanning computers in one of the private offices.

   Next thing you knew, there was an intruder aboard the Nemesis. Starscream. You only knew the former SIC by his reputation and vehicon gossip. You knew why he was gone, and why he was back.

   You paused in your work.

   .::Dreadwing,::. You commed him, as soon as a trooper made the announcement. You eyed Megatron as he walked out to rid the ship of the traitorous seeker. .::Starscream has infiltrated the ship. How are you and Vega?::.

   .::We are well. I noticed the ship in chaos when I took Vega out for a walk. He is safe in your quarters watching old seeker ed videos.::.

   You heaved a sigh of relief. But, quickly you noticed his odd wording. .::Are you still with him?::.

   .::I am just outside the room. I am going to aid our Lord Megatron.::.

   Damn you and your loyalty!

   .::Our Lord Megatron has things handled! Stay with my son. I'll be right over!::.

   You got a "hmph!" in response. Quite a moody one too.

   You had a half a mind to comm him back just to ask what was up with that. You decided it wasn't worth it.

   You grabbed the few datapads you'd put off to the side and stuffed them in your cockpit. You swiftly ran out of the office. Heading towards your room, you ran down the halls, your wings poised high and outwards in alertness.

   Turning a corner, you slammed into something again. It was a mech already, you knew. Definitely not Megatron or any vehicon. Your intake had come to a conclusion before your processor.

   "Dreadwing, I told you-" you started, reeling back from the mech.

   You looked up, meeting the shocked, sapphire optics of a mech that was most certainly not Dreadwing. The Autobot, Bulkhead.

   "What the-" you began again.

   "Uh oh!" Bulkhead said to himself at the same time. He looked around frantically. Upon seeing nobody, he turned back to you, who was slowly backing away and still in shock.

   His black, bulky servo transformed into a hammer. He slammed it down towards you. You dodged in time and sprinted past, a digit to your comm as soon as your pedes started moving.

   .::Dreadwing! Its not just Starscream! Theres also-AAAH!::.

   You were yanked backwards by your sensitive wings. Your back and wings hit the floor, and you grimaced in pain, clenching your denta. You tried to jump to your feet, but the Autobot's hammer crashed into your face, sending you painfully into the floor.

   The world went black.