|| airachnid ||

c h a p t e r  f o u r
2 | 1 5 | 2 0
¤

   Dreadwing trudged through the entrance of the medical bay, tossing to the floor some webbing that had clung to his armor. His face was solemn, his optics holding a sadness you weren't used to seeing.

   You were on shift, helping Knock Out with small and mundane tasks while Breakdown was away. Vega was along for the ride, and had been chatting up you and the doctor as he played with a toy car on a medical berth. In reality, it was a very real, and rather small car that the medic had stolen from humans.

   As soon as you saw the warrior, you paused. His armor was dirtied, and little bits of webbing stuck to his sides.

   "Dreadwing?" You asked the lone warrior, hesitantly. "Is everything alright?"

   His dulled optics met yours. Your wings drooped to their lowest position as you swallowed. You already knew the answer. Knock Out, it would seem, needed a few seconds.

   "Ah, Dreadwing! You're back! Where's Breakdown? I am in need of his assistance," Knock Out exclaimed as charmingly as always. He approached the seeker.

   "No one else is coming," the mech answered.

   Knock Out froze. "No," he practically wheezed.

   Dreadwing diverted his optics, finding the floor more interesting. "I'm sorry. You have my condolences."

   You came up behind the vain doctor, heels clicking on the floor. You gently put a servo on his shoulder.

   "Maybe you should take a break. Take Vega back to my room. I can take care of things here," you suggested quietly.

   Knock Out shut his mouth, his mind still digesting the information. He looked Dreadwing in the optics again.

   "Airachnid?" He asked shakily. The bulky seeker nodded. The medic's fists clenched.

   "Knock Out," you said. "Get some energon. Get some rest. You both could use it."

   The medic nodded to you. With a tense frame and shaky sigh, he looked over to Vega, and then to you.

   "If its not too much trouble," you told him. You looked over to Dreadwing and transferred your light touch to him. "I'll be with you in a second." You motioned him over to a medical berth before going back to a Knock Out trying not to fall apart, who had just scooped up a confused and troubled Vega in his arms.

   "Creator? Whats goin' on? Where's Breakdown?" When he said the name, it came out as 'Break-dun'. The ex-Wrecker had thought that hilarious.

   You bit your lip. "He's not going to be coming back, sweetie. Ever. . . . Knocky's gonna take you to your room. We're gonna have to leave you alone for awhile."

   His big optics seemed to get bigger at the news that he would no longer get to see Breakdown again. "You're gonna come back, right?"

   You took his face in your servos and kissed his forehelm. "Always, Vega."

   "And Dreadwing? Is he gonna be okay?" The sparkling looked past you, his face filled with concern. You glanced back at the mech, who had eased himself into sitting on a berth, and was now looking quizzically at you.

    "He'll be fine! Why, he's the strongest warrior around." You mustered up as warm and assuring a smile as you could.

   Vega nodded. His mood seemed somewhat lighter, evident by the small smile he was giving you.