|| vega ||

c h a p t e r  t h r e e
1 | 2 9 | 2 0
¤

   You were on your energon break, two cubes in one arm, and Vega's servo in your free servo, headed for Dreadwing's quarters.

   You had, after much deliberation, decided to accept the lieutenant's offer. But, if the dutiful mech was going to watch over your son like a guardian, he should meet the child. Technically he already had, but briefly, and there had been no words exchanged.

   Besides, you needed to see how good he was with your sparkling. How he acted with and around him. You also needed to make sure Vega liked him and got along with the soldier before fully accepting the help.

   After Dreadwing did have Vega when you weren't around, you planned on discreetly quizzing the mechling about the soldier's behavior. How he dealt with complications and acted with Vega without you in the room. It was an extensive vetting process, but it was for good reason.

   Your stylish seeker heels clicked on the ground as you walked thrpught the dimly lit halls of the Nemesis.

   "Creator, is Dreading nice?" Vega asked skeptically. Vega wasn't that stupid. He'd seen how people on the Intruder treated you, especially in relation to him. He'd seen people be double sided, and treat him nice only to treat his creator in a way that made them super sad and angry. He hated seeing that.

   "Dread-wing, dear. And yes, I'd say so." You might not know him well, but he was quite polite. To adults, at least.

   Vega looked at you, still skeptical, but shrugged his shoulders. You said this Dreadwing was going to try to help take care of him, so he must be nice enough! You let Knocky and Breakdown babysit him, and they were pretty cool to you and him. (Yes, even Doc Knock, who Vega held some contempt for because of all the attention on his finish. He didn't need to be buffed or waxed every visit.)

   Finally, you reached his door. You maneuvered one cube into the other arm and knocked lightly on the lieutenant's door. Just a few seconds later, it slid open, revealing the mech you were looking for.

   "Y/N." He gave a nod in greeting.

   "Dreadwing." You nodded back.

   "Hewwo!" Dreadwing looked down with surprised optics, to see your little one grinning and waving happily.

   "What-what is this?" Dreadwing looked from him to you again. He had to restart he sentence after reminding himself to watch his tone around the young one.

   "I've decided to accept your offer. I figured a proper introduction to my son was in order." Your wings were were level with professionalism and certainty. You should probably drop the professionalism considering how . . . nonprofessional the matter was.

   "Of course," the sturdy mech said, having gathered himself.

   "Vega, this is Dreadwing. Dreadwing, this is Vega." You spoke calmly and your voice was soft and unwavering. You motioned to the respective bot as you mentioned them.

   The towering, deep blue mech glanced about the hallway to see if others were around. He moved aside and motioned for you to enter. You escorted your son inside, and the door slid shut behind you.

   You extended an arm, and offered an energon cube to him. The deep blue mech looked down at it and accepted, muttering a quiet "thank you." You gave a small, but warm smile, that said 'you're welcome.'

   "Ooh, cool!" Vega awed as he noticed the lieutenant's big and detailed sword leaning on the wall to his left, under a view screen. Around it were cleaning supplies and sharpening tools.