7

Tony was, of course, awake; working when Friday alerted him to the visiter. It was four in the morning (oops), and it wasn't like they were expecting anyone. By the time Tony got upstairs, Steve was already there, wearing nothing more than plaid pyjama bottoms and carrying his shield. He was looking warily towards a woman standing outside on the balcony.

The woman had wavy red hair that fell over her tanned and freckled shoulders. She was wearing dark green Asgardian robes and gold armour. She looked young and smiled warmly, a small box tucked under her arm.

"I apologise for coming  so early, but I'm afraid it's urgent." She started, coming forward into the building. Steve didn't lower his defences. "My name is Sigyn; I'm a friend of Loki and Thor's."

"Why are you here? Did something happen in Asgard?" Steve asked, lowering his shield but not making a move to set it down.

"The Norn Stones have disappeared. Finding them should be all of our first priority before they end up in the wrong hands. I don't mean to bother you with Asgard's troubles more than we already have but I'm coming to you at a last resort." Sigyn gaze fell to a book on the coffee table that happened to belong to Loki.

"They may be the key to getting the princes back to their former ages." She said, looking back up at the two Avengers.

"Do you have any ideas of who could have these magic stones of yours?" Tony asked.

"Currently, no. But the Norn Stone only work if they accept the user's intention. Not just anyone can wield them."

"How do you know we could use them to fix Thor and Loki?" Tony asked, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"I have reason to believe they are what was used to turn the two into children in the first place." Sigyn handed Steve the box she brought with her, motioning for him to open it. The lid cracked open thankfully because it's evident to everyone Steve wouldn't have been able to work the very complicated latch on the front. Inside is a note written in a language Steve didn't recognise.

"After Loki faked his death at the hands of the dark elves, Loki disguised himself as Odin on the throne of Asgard. During that time, I received this message written in a code that I created as a child. The only other person to know of it was Loki. He believed he was in danger: that someone was watching him. The next day, he appeared here, with no knowledge of the days' prior."

"Is it possible we could get him to remember by showing him this note," Steve asked.

"It's possible, but that may take more time than we have. I want to stay for a little while to aid in the search and look after the princes." Sigyn spoke boldly and kept her head held high, obviously not making a request.

"It's still too early to have the rest of this conversation anyways. I'll show you to a room," Tony smiled.

The next morning Thor ran into the kitchen, his hair still done in braids, granted they were messier now. The nine-year-olds bare feet skid to a stop when he noticed a stranger sitting at the breakfast bar.

"Who's that?" Thor whispers, tugging Steve's shirt. Sigyn smiles and turn around, watching Thor's expression change from confusion to excitement.

"Sigyn?! What are you doing here." Thor rushed forward hugging her legs briefly. Sigyn can feel the tension leaving her body; she didn't know what she had expected to see, but she wasn't quite prepared for Thor in this state. Her entire life, Thor had been older than her; almost something of a guardian to Loki and herself. Now Thor was the one who needed looking after.

"The Allfather send me to help get you back to your normal selves," She said. Which wasn't the complete truth, but she wasn't lying either.

"Loki's still sleeping, but I can go and get him if you want." Thor smiles sweetly, knowing the bond the two shared. Sigyn smiled, but Bruce spoke before she got the chance.

"No need; look who just woke up," Bruce said, a tired god of Mischief perched on his hip. Loki immediately notices Sigyn and Steve watches as they both give matching smiles before Loki's in Sigyn's arms.

"It's been too long, my dear." She says. Loki's fists are clenched tight behind her neck as he speaks. " I missed you too."

Steve makes breakfast as usual as all three Asgardians sit in the living room. No one has mentioned the Norn Stone again, and Steve is just waiting for the rest of the team to make an appearance before bringing it up. He wants his friend back.

It turned out that Clint had other plans for after breakfast, however. He and Natasha had made a bet surrounding Thor and Loki and how they thought to two would do with the Stanford Marshmellow Experiment.

"Alright boys, come here a moment." The archer set two marshmallows on two separate plates for each of them before explaining the rules. "If you boys want to eat these, you can, or you can wait an hour and then I'll give you two marshmallows. Understand?" Natasha is watching from the other couch as both princes nod. Loki looks uninterested, but not twenty minutes later, Thor is sneaking bites of his marshmallow. Natasha chuckles smugly holding her hand out flat towards Clint. He sighs and pulls out a twenty, slapping it down in Natasha's hand. Clint gives Loki his second marshmallow as promised, frowning at Thor, who shrugs, cheeks full of the fluffy treat. Loki also proceeds to stuff his mouth with the sweets before climbing back into Sigyn's lap.