13

When Sigyn gets back to the tower, it's by being carried by Tony in his Iron Man suit. There's a huge gash on her stomach, and she's going in and out of consciousness. They didn't think they had to be too worried because Asgardians tend to be more durable, but as time has gone on the wound has only gotten worse. There must have been some kind of poison on the man's blade. Sigyn tells Bruce while they're in the med-bay that the man's name is Skurge and that he's been in love with Amora for centuries. He was probably looking for the stones on Amora's behalf.

They don't let Loki see Sigyn at first when Bruce was trying to treat her wound, but when it doesn't get any better, Steve finally breaks down. Loki runs into the Sigyn's room and climbs onto her bed. The two-year-old sits on his heels near Sigyn's waist careful not to bump her bandaging. His head is forward, and his eyes are glassy with unshed tears, he looks more knowing than Steve wants to admit.

"Why aren't you getting better?" Loki asks, starring down at his hands as they fidget in his lap. Sigyn places her hand under Loki's chin and lifts his face to look at her.

"I never blamed you for what happened to us, but I know that you did." She says and Loki's expression sobers. Everyone else in the room is confused by this though.

"This is not how I want to say goodbye," Loki whispers. Sigyn smiles softly at him as silent tears fall down his red cheeks.

"Can I have a moment alone with him," Sigyn asks, looking over at the others. They all shuffle out the room leaving Loki alone with Sigyn in her hospital bed. She doesn't speak right away, and Loki doesn't push her. The entire time he's been in here with her he's been going back and forth between his adult self and his current self.

"Since you've been here, you've been happier than I can ever remember you being." Sigyn starts, smiling as she runs her fingers over his face. "When this fight is over, you should think about coming back here to stay. Whether that be in this form or not."

Loki stays quiet for a while, and his expression looks mixed between confused and angry. "You're asking me to stay a helpless child with the Avengers?" He scoffs—Sigyn chuckles, realizing she was talking to grown-up Loki now. However, it probably won't last very long.

"You're never helpless. You're too clever." Sigyn winces as she shifts her body sweating heavily.

"Can the Norn stones heal you?"

"You know just as well as I do that's not how they work." She says, trying to smile sympathetically, but the pain is getting worse. Loki jumps and whimpers as the medical equipment starts beeping loudly. Bruce rushes back in and immediately start fiddling with the different devices. Steve picks Loki up out of Banner's way, bouncing him in his arms to try and calm him down as he starts to sob.

Sigyn is getting more and more delirious, so the Captain takes the toddler out of the room to not further distress him. Thor is waiting outside the in the hall with Tony and Natasha, jumping up immediately when he sees Steve and Loki.

"What happened to Sigyn? Why is Loki crying?" Thor frowns, all any ones told him was that Sigyn is hurt, but he's starting to think more and more that she may be really hurt.

"I promise, Bruce is going to do everything he can to help Sigyn, but for now let's try and get you two back to normal." Steve shares a look with Tony and Natasha before they all head up to the living room were everyone else is, and where the Norn Stones are.

"Loki, could you reverse Amora spell with the Norn Stones?" Natasha asks. Loki looks at her bewildered before he nods and holds out his palm.

Clint sighs wearily before pulling the bag out of his pocket and handing it to Natasha. She hesitates before pouring the contents into Loki's hand, "We're trusting you," she whispers, pouring out the stones.

They instantly begin to glow when they touch the prince's skin. Loki reaches out his empty hand towards Thor for him to take. Thor does this, and Loki shuts his eyes to concentrate before a white light shimmers over them, then it's gone just as quickly.

Loki is standing in familiar tattered green and gold armour, he lets the stone drop to the floor as he catches his breath. Thor is next to him, standing naked and glaring at his brother. Loki smirks, waving his hand over Thor and dressing him in his armour as well.

"I need to find Skurge," Loki says, about to teleport himself just as Thor grabs his arm.

"No. I'll go after him you are needed here," Thor argues, pulling his brother to face him.

"Sigyn is dying! I need to know how to nullify the poison." Loki growls, his voice cracking in the beginning.

"Leave that to me. Amora is to blame, and you must stay here to speak with her." or if Sigyn passes.

Loki stares back at his brother, "Be careful. He's stronger than you."

"Not likely, for I am the God of Thunder" Thor smiles, nodding to his fellow Avenger before making his dramatic exit, calling Mjolnir to his hand.

Loki turns to look at the Avengers for the first time, all of their expressions guarded but not particularly menacing. Steve seemed just as uncomfortable as Loki, looking around the room randomly and fidgeting with his hands.

"Where is Amora?"

"She downstairs, I'll show you." Tony leads Loki to the elevator with Natasha right behind them. Loki keeps his head down the entire time, barely able to look any of them in the eye.

"Is your memory restored then," Natasha asks, standing on Loki's left, her hands crosses in front of her.

"Yes, the stones reversed all of Amora's spell successfully," Loki monotone. "I suppose I owe you and the others thanks for caring for Thor and I. So, thank you," Loki mumbles, staring straight ahead at the shut elevator doors. Tony can't help the smirk that overcomes his face.

"You know, You were quite the little monster so I'll be asking for something in return," Tony starts, laughing out loud at Loki's wide-eyed expression. "I'm just messing with you, kid."

Loki and Natasha are the only ones who visible react to the nickname. However, no one can comment on it before the elevator doors open again.

"Finally! My guest of honour has arrived."