Chapter 16

°Will's pov°

**Flashback**

I smiled as I said goodbye to y/n and closed the antenna. I walked over to my bed and plopped down, rolling over and flipping the pillow over my face. I smiled into the pillow before tossing it back in its original place beside me. There was something about them that made me feel so different. I had never felt the way I do about y/n with anyone else. There was a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I sit up.

Jonathan poked his head through the door smiled at me.

"Hey, you," he chuckled.

"Hey."

"You busy?"

"Nope. Why, what's up?"

"Let's go for a drive."

"Okay," I shrugged and hopped off my bed.

I slipped into my old Vans and rushed out of the room after him. Jonathan and I hadn't really spent a lot of one-on-one time together since I'd been back home. Between the visits to the doctor and catching up with school work and me sneaking out to be with the guys, I didn't have much time to hang out with him. It's not that I didn't want to, it's just that I found it kind of hard to focus on anything besides getting y/n back home. We made our way to the car and I hopped into the front seat, fastening my seat belt as Jonathan did the same.

"So... where are we going, again?"

"Frank's Ice Cream Parlor."

"Really? I haven't had Frank's ice cream in so long!"

He only nodded his head in response before putting the car in reverse and backing out of the driveway.

"Yeah, and I figured since Mom's working late tonight, we can hang out all day. Just you and me. We can go to the arcade later and maybe even the movies."

"Oh, hell yeah!" I fist bumped the air.

"Since when do you swear?" he asked a small smirk on his face.

"I dunno, I kinda always do it, just never in front of you."

"Just, promise me you won't end up joining the Navy. I don't need you swearing like a sailor."

I smiled wider and let out a loud laugh, "Alright, I promise."

**Time Skip**

8:45

That's what the clock on the entrance wall of the theater. I looked over at Jonathan as I opened the door for him to exit.

"Did you enjoy the movie?"

"Of course I did," I laughed as we walked to the car. We had watched Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi. I felt a bit guilty since I told Dustin I'd go see it with him, but he didn't have to know. Right?

"Hey, um, what time did Mom say she'd be home?"

"Uh, ten, I think," he unlocked the doors of the car, and we both climbed in. "Why?"

"Just wondering," I smiled, "Hey, thanks for today."

"Anything to spend time with my little brother," he smiled and ruffled my hair.

We made it home in a matter of minutes. I grabbed my left over soft pretzel and quickly walked to the door. I waited impatiently for Jonathan to meet me there and unlock the door.

"Geez, why are you in such a hurry?"

"No reason," I lied.

In all honesty, I wasn't really sure why, but I was feeling anxious. For what reason, I had no clue. I was certain, though, that I'd want to be in my room when it happened. Jonathan unlocked the door and I rushed inside, slipping off my shoes and tossing the pretzel on the kitchen counter.

"Um... Jonathan?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm feeling kind of *fake yawn* tired. I think I'm just gonna shower and get some sleep..."

"But it's almost nine o'clock on a Saturday night."

"I know, but my head is..." I trailed off.

"Okay," he sighed. "But take your medicine before you get in the shower."

"Okay."

"Come here," he spoke holding his arms wide open.

I walked over and hugged him tightly as he did the same.

"Thanks again, Jonathan."

"No problem, Will."

I smiled as he pulled back and ruffled my hair again. Once he was in his room with the door closed, I ran into my room and to my desk. I peeked out of the widow just behind it and sighed in relief. There was nothing there as I anticipated. I glanced down at the walkie-talkie on my desk. Pulling up the antenna and switching to our station, I began to speak into the radio.

"Hello?"

There was no answer. I sighed again after waiting a while and tossed the hand radio onto my bed. I gathered everything I needed for my shower and trudged into the bathroom. I stuck my tongue out at myself in the mirror in attempt to mock the monster that once came through it.

After I showered, I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I looked into the mirror as I dried my face with a towel. Then something caught my eye. A tiny crack in the glass, maybe about the same size as the width of my pinky, was visible in the center of it. At first, I couldn't figure where it could've come from, but then I began to see a dim, reddish glow emitting from it. Then it hit me. It was a crack from when the demogorgon had mutated into my mirror.

The light began to glow brighter and brighter by the second, making the entire bathroom appear red. The crack seemed to grow wider letting more of the world on the other side become visible. I gasped and stepped backwards until my back was against the wall. My breath hitched as I fumbled for the door knob behind me. I nearly tripped over my own two feet as I turned around to unlock and open the bathroom door and shut the door behind me. I pressed my back against the wall and slid myself to the floor, running my fingers through my hair. My breath was heavy and unsteady.

"Will? Are you okay?" Jonathan said poking his head out his door.

I pushed back the hair in my face and let out a sharp breath, "Uh, yeah. I just slipped on some water."

"Hey, you have to be careful," he stepped out and helped me off the ground.

"Thanks, I'll make sure to be careful next time."

He shook his head and chuckled, "What are we gonna do with you?"

I laughed awkwardly as he went back into his room. As soon as he was gone I turned around and opened the door to the bathroom. The crack was back at its original size and the reddish glow was getting dimmer and dimmer.

"Enough of this shit!" I aimed my statement at the mirror. "Tomorrow we finish the plan and get y/n back home."

I grabbed all of my belongings and stomped to my room. We had to get the rest of this plan together. I wasn't letting y/n spend another second in that hell of an alternate dimension.