Chapter 26

°Y/n's pov°

When I woke up, I found myself in a bed that wasn't my own and in clothes that didn't belong to me. In fact, I wasn't wearing any clothes; I was in a pale blue hospital gown. I looked around the room, my eyes wide and confused. It was a small room, the walls white and the tile floors shiny, and it smelled of sterilizer and Febreze. The clock on the wall read 2:17.

"Will?" I choked out.

No one answered, and no one was in the room. I pulled out the little tubes from my nose and removed the few patches attached to my chest, the flatline immediately sounding on the machine next to me. I stood up slowly, wincing at the pain in my body. I retied the hospital gown, making sure it was secure enough to not come undone.

"Will? Troy?"

I shivered as my bare feet walked across the cold tiles. I peeked out of my room's door, hoping to see someone that would give answers.

"Hello?"

There was no one on the floor. I walked down the hall to my right, hoping to find a receptionist desk or something. I walked down the hallway and through the double doors at the end. I made my way over to the desk that was in the hall.

"Hello? Uh... um, excuse me?" I spoke up, grabbing the attention of the lady behind the desk.

She politely apologized to whomever she was on the phone with as she hung up and looked up at me.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Uh, I'm looking for my friends, Will and Troy. Can you tell what room numbers they're in?"

"What's your name, sweetie?"

"Uh, y/n. Y/n l/n."

Her eyes widened, and she was silent for a moment before making a few clicks on her computer and pushing a button on her pager.

"Right, um... y/n darling. I understand you would like to see your friends, the two boys who were brought in with you..." she paused, looking up at me.

I nodded for her to continue.

"But we need to make sure everything is alright with you first."

"But I feel fine."

"I understand, but the doctors need to check you out before you can see your friends. And your stitches," she pointed to my belly.

I looked down and felt my side, the imprint of a bandage meeting my touch through the fabric of the gown.

"Y/n?!" I heard a weary voice call from the double doors.

I turned around and immediately smiled.

"Rachel?" I ran over to her and into her arms.

She hugged me so tight I thought I'd suffocate.

"God, I thought you were dead!" she said, pulling away and wiping the tears from her eyes. "And then we got the call that you had been admitted into the hospital. Mom and Dad went ballistic."

"Mom and Dad? Where are they?" I asked, wiping my eyes.

"They're here! Dad took Mom and Jacob to the food court because Jacob kept asking for jello," she laughed.

"Of course," I smiled softly.

Rachel took me back to my room, where the doctors ran a few tests and asked me a few questions. I couldn't remember much of what happened, just that I was with Will and then was trapped by myself when he was rescued. I knew something horrible had happened and I felt an immense pain that I couldn't really explain, but I couldn't remember details.