Chapter 17

°Will's pov°

"Okay, I can't do this anymore!" I yelled as I made my way down the steps of Mike's basement.

"Do what?" Lucas questioned.

"Yeah, what do you mean?" Troy chimed in.

"I mean I can't sit here and do nothing while y/n is down there draining their powers. We need to come up with an actual plan!"

"Wait, powers?" Dustin asked.

"What are you even talking about?" Lucas walked to the couch across the room.

I exhaled sharply and ran my fingers through my hair. Troy stepped up and looked me in the eyes.

"You need to tell them everything if we're ever gonna get y/n back..."

"What the hell are you talking about, Troy?" Mike scrunched up his face.

We both sighed and looked towards the boys. I told them everything about y/n's powers and how they were supposed to help them close the gate. They all looked at me astonished.

"Y/n's sorta been the reason for all my headaches, but they've gotten better and less frequent the more I talk to them."

"So you mean to tell me we've got another weirdo?" Lucas scoffed.

Mike elbowed him in the ribs.

"Ow! Sorry, I just meant that they're like El... you know, with all the powers and being connected to the Upside Down."

"Whatever," Mike muttered.

"Listen... I think I owe it to y/n to bring them back home. It's all they tried to do for me when we were together in the Upside Down. But I can't do it alone, I need your help."

"Alright, I'm in," I heard Mike say.

I looked up at the rest of my friends. One by one they each came to me and smiled.

"Me, too," said Dustin.

"Count me in," Lucas placed a hand on my shoulder.

I looked over at Troy with a raised eyebrow and a glint of hope.

"You already know my answer, Byers," he chuckled.

"Thanks guys."

I smiled wide as all of my best friends agreed to help me. No longer was y/n going to be stuck in the Upside Down, and we were going to make that happen.