Chapter 11: Let's Talk...

Itachi Pov

I took a deep breath and looked at Deidara straight in the eyes. "I should get going....." As soon as he started to walk away I grabbed his arm. He turned around and looked at me confused. " Itachi?...." "Are busy Deidara?" He stood there without saying anything for a couple of seconds until: "No, I just came here to drop something off. I was going back home...." "Then would you like to come to my place for a while.... I would like to talk with you about something important..."

He looks at the ground for a couple of seconds then sighs and looks back at me with a emotionless face. "Sure.... I'll follow you in my car." He turns around and walks to his car. 'Okay good.... making some progress.... I think.' I walked over to my car and unlocked it and got in it. I started it up and started driving to my place. 'I hope I dont mess anything up even more.... I already messed up our friendship years ago... I hope I dont make it worse.' As I got out of my thoughts, I realized that I made it to my house. I sighed and turned off the car. I got out of my car and saw Deidara park behind me and got out of his car. I looked at him and gave him a small smile, he just looked at me and just started to walk towards the front door. I sighed and walked to the door and unlocked it. 'Here goes nothing..'

Once we went into the house he started to look around. I took a glance at him and saw that he had a small smile on his face. "Its been years since I last been in this house...." He looked over to me. "The last time I was here is when--" Me and Sasuke was moving... I remember." I finished his sentence and sat down on the couch with my head hanging. Seconds later, I picked my head up and looked at Deidara and patted the spot next to me telling him to take a seat. He walks over to the couch slowly and sits down next tp me. It was awkward and quite for a couple of minutes until he broke the silence. "So, what did want to talk to me about?" ".....I'm sorry. I'm sorry about everything. I should've told you what was going...." "Then why didn't you? Itachi we grew up on the same street, we went to the same schools, I came over to your place everyday, I even thought of Sasuke as my little brother. I loved your parents." "I know Sasuke and my parents loved you very much." "Then why didn't you tell me anything.... After you came from the principle's office you went blink. I was really worried." I looked at him and saw that he had a worry look.

We sat in silence for another couple of minutes. "I know you must of been worried about us. I kept you in the dark for a month and a half. I needed you the most and yet I didn't tell you, all those days that we were suffering from the loss of our parents and I still didn't tell you anything. Back then I didn't blame you for yelling at me, even until this day dont blame you. You know when I drove off from the house that day... Over the years that we been apart, all I could think about was you, you haven't left my thoughts in years...." I looked over at Deidara to see him with tears running down his face. "What's---" "You could've told me... Look I understand that you were going through something difficult, the weeks that you didnt come to school, I was super worried but I knew that you were dealing with something so I didnt bug you. If I'm being honest.... I was mad, like really mad that you didn't tell me anything and that you weren't depending on me to be there for you Sasuke." He takes a deep breath and wipes his tears away but more tears still flowed down his face as he started to cry more. "And after I found out that you were moving my heart broke and after you drove off I-I stood outside in front of my house in the street for hours thinking that you would come back.....But you never did." He breaks down and starts to cry even more. 'Deidara. I caused you so much pain.' I got a little closer to him and started to rub his back.

A couple of seconds later he starts to calm down. He starts taking big breaths to relax himself. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry that I put you through so much pain.... I'm just so sorry, I regret not telling you I really do. If I had any chance to go back to that day where I got the news about my parents, I would tell you the first second I see you, I would but I know I can't fix my mistake and I'm sorry...." I pulled my hand away from his back and covered up my face. We sat on the couch in silence until he once again broke the silence. "Umm I think I'm gonna take off...." I removed my hand and looked at him. He got up from the couch and went over to the front door after he grabbed his coat. I got up as soon as his hand was reaching for the doorknob. "Wait you can't leave yet..." "Itachi--" I slammed my hand against the door so he wouldn't be able to open it. "Please.... Just 30 minutes or an hour at least..." He sighed and put his hand on my arm. "Alright..."

We went back over to the couch and sat back down. 10 minutes passed and I wasn't able to say anything to him. 'What the hell should I say to him? Should I tell him?' I looked over at him and I saw that he was looking at the floor. As I was about to say something until I heard Deidara start laughing a little and then looked up at me. I looked at him confused cause he still had tears coming down his face. A couple of seconds later he stopped laughing and his smile went away slowly as he started to speak. "You know.....I had a big crush on you since we went to middle school. We grew up together, went to the same schools, we hung out every single day..... It was bound to happened. Somehow I thought you had a crush on me... but I guess I was wrong..." He wipes his tears away but more still flowed down. "When you went silent on me for the past weeks I was worried and mad that you weren't telling me anything and also thought I did something wrong... I dont know, a lot of things were going through my head when we weren't talking...but I still gave you the space you needed. I know I couldn't force you tell me... You might've had your own reasons not to tell me right away, so I guess I cant really be mad at you for that..." He takes a couple of deep breaths and calms down.

I just looked at him with wide eyes. 'Did he say that he had a crush on me??' I got a little closer to him and just kept on looking at him. "Why are you looking at me like that? It's weird." "You had a crush on me?" "Umm Yeah, I thought I was being real obvious about it but guess not." He rubs the back of his neck. 'This means I have a chance to tell him....' I took a deep breath and looked at Deidara. "Do you want to know why that it was hard to tell you..." "Yes please... It will help a lot." I took another deep breath. "The reason why I didn't tell you is that because despite telling Sasuke that our parents died, It was even more hard to tell you because I loved you, well I still love you actually..." He looked at me with a shocked expression. "What did you--" "I said that I love you. I knew when we were in middle school, our first year there." I had gotten closer to him. He didn't move he just kept looking at me. I looked down at his hand and then look back at him and slowly moved my hand to his hand. "Do you still have feelings for me Deidara?" Tears started to flow down his face once more and a couple of minutes of silence... He nods his head. "Of course I do Itachi...But I still need some time. Let's just start at being friends again... If that's okay with you." I smiled and tighten my grip on his hand a little. "Of course that's fine with me. I looked over at the time. 12:46pm. "I guess I'll be taking my leave now, I still have things to do before work." I nod and got up from the couch as did he and walked him to the door. "I guess I'll see you at work later." "Yup, enjoy the rest of your day. I'm glad we got everything cleared up." I smiled. "Same here." I still held on to his hand but then let it go slowly as he was walking out the door. "See you later, Deidara.."