🥀 part two

☆

it's already been a year. one whole year of felix being alone. he had no idea that i had been with him the whole time, telling him to get up or he'd be late, reminding him to eat all three meals everyday, telling him that i loved him so much more than he could imagine.

but he couldn't hear me. he didn't get up for work, and ended up getting fired for his lack of attendance. he barely ate one meal a day, but that was only when he felt so sick that he had to eat something. he didn't say "i love you, too", but how could he?

felix closed the door tiredly after entering their home, taking his shoes and coat off and sauntering over to where i was sat on the couch. he noticed immediately that i had been crying, a lot.

"baby, are you okay?" he asked worriedly, pulling my into his embrace. naturally, i started crying again, barely being able to get my words out as i tried to explain myself.

"i-i'm sor-ry, i'm s-so sorry," i stuttered between sobs.

"no no, my love. you have nothing to be sorry for," he replied in a calm voice. felix helped me get my breathing under control and my cries finally stopped.

"right, now start from the top. what's wrong?" he finally asked.

and i froze. i had planned it out so perfectly in my head whilst bawling my eyes out. but now, i just couldn't say it.

"baby? what is-"

"i'm breaking up with you." i don't know how i found the courage to say it, but i had blurted it out so quickly i hadn't even realised i had said anything.

that was when i watched tears brim in felix's eyes.

"w-why? wha-what did i do wrong?" felix asked in such a timid voice, i could barely hear his words.

"it's not you, i love you, so much." i paused, and reached out to hold his hands in mine. "but i cant pull you down when i'm like this. i cant be a burden anymore. you haven't seen your friends in weeks. you don't answer their calls, or reply to their texts. felix, they are so worried about you. but you're caught up in me that you're forgetting to look after yourself. you're so pale, lix, like you haven't slept in days. i cant cause you anymore pain."

felix now looked down at the ground. "i'm sorry," he said ever so quietly. "i know i should look after myself, that i should talk to my friends. but my main priority right now is you. until you get better, i have to make sure you're one hundred percent." he stroked my hands softly with his thumbs. "i love you more than you could ever know, hwang hyunjin. i don't know what i would do without you."

i watched as felix's phone chimed, signalling that he had a text. he'd been getting a lot of texts recently from someone named 'chan'. of course, i had never seen, nor met the guy, but neither had felix. he had met him online.

that day just so happened to be the first day that felix left the house, as well. i couldn't follow him: it was as if i was tied to the place.

to pass time, i would recount old memories, mostly with felix. like the first day we met, or when we went to disneyland and-

felix is home a lot earlier than usual, and he's with... a really hot guy. was that chan? the guy was wearing a black tank top, exposing his toned arms. his black ripped jeans hugged his legs comfortably, and his boots almost made the ground shake when he walked.

felix gave him a tour of his place first, showing him each of the rooms, and explaining what he did in them in much detail. he was so cute when he rambled, and it seemed like i wasn't the only one that thought that.

chan watched felix with a fond smile. it was the first time felix had willingly let someone in the house since i collapsed. i could see the love in his eyes, as clear as day.

felix was falling in love with chan.

i had predicted it, and it had hurt me a little at first, but i was okay with it now. i knew he had to move on.

but he didn't know that. they were sat on the couch now, staring into each other's eyes. i was overwhelmed with jealousy; i would do anything to sit in front of felix, staring into his beautiful eyes, and have him smiling back at me.

*