🥀 part four

☆

he was so pretty, his face lit up like a christmas tree, so eager to go first. felix held out the notepad in front of him, cleared his throat, and began reading.

"hwang hyunjin, you are the light at the end of my tunnel, the day to my night. you give me hope when there is none, and you have always made me the happiest person alive. now i know this may sound really cheesy, but i want you to know that i love you with all my heart. since the first time i saw you at school, i knew you would be mine. that day when we stole this very notepad for some kid, who ended up not even wanting it, and the rest that ensued. hyunjin, you have brought a light into my life that i didn't know i needed, and for that i am eternally grateful. i vow to love you and to be there for you forever, in life and in death. i love you, so much." felix was in tears, and i knew that, if i could, i would be crying too.

felix then held up my piece of paper, seeing as i couldn't hold it myself. "felix lee, the australian new kid who barely knew korean but still chose to come to a normal, korean speaking school. that's one of the things i always loved about you; you're confidence and perseverance. you would never give up, not until you succeeded. even with my diagnosis, you were still the cheerful, brave person i always knew you to be. i had a crush on you the moment i laid my  eyes on you. your freckles, your ginger hair-" "hey! i thought we agreed to not ever mention that!" "hehe, sorry baby. but just know that, no matter what happens, or happened, i will love you to infinity and beyond. you're the best thing that ever happened to me, and i am happy that i had you by my side till the end, my love."

at that moment, i felt a warm tear cascade down my cheek, and i had a sudden urge to reach out to felix. i slowly lifted my pale hand and rested it on felix's cheek. i was in shock. i can touch you, my love.

felix then hurriedly pulled me closer to him and pressed his lips onto mine, causing fireworks to erupt inside of me. it felt magical, and it felt surreal. for a moment i thought it was all a dream, and that i would wake up with this beautiful beside me, and that we could carry on just like normal.

but that didn't happen.

everything just turned black.

-
THE END!