°•°:•○° Seven °○•:°•°

(Y/N) pov

I turn over and open my eyes to see, Yata. There he was, peacefully sleeping. I smile, it's been a long time since I've felt real love to someone. I lay there, staring at him for a moment before his eyes flutter open. "(Y/N)?" He asks.

I lightly kiss him, "it's me."

He smiles. I've never seen him so happy. If I could, I'd wake up beside him every morning. I close my eyes for a moment. "Do we have to leave?" I grumble.

Yata shifts over me. We were both still undressed from the previous night. I feel his gaze. "Sadly, we do," he says and kisses my neck, "nobody in the clan can know about this."

I nod, I understood the reason why. "When do we have to go in?" I ask.

He looks at his watch, "two or three hours from now."

The blanket covering my leg moves a little and I shiver from the coolness. "Yata.. did you really mean what you said last night?" I ask another question.

He looked confused for a moment. He said 'I love you' certainly he shouldn't forget it. "Oh, that... of course I do." His hands are cold against my waist as he kisses me more.

I smile. Nothing could ever feel better than this. The feeling after wiping out a King couldn't even manage to feel half as good. I didn't think I could get attached so easily like I did with Yata, but I did. There was a feeling in my gut, what if he was lying so I could trust him? I shake out the thought.

"What's wrong?" Yata asks.

I give him a puzzled look, "what do you mean?"

He keeps himself up. "You're spacing out," he says.

I shrug, "it's nothing." I look away to reject any eye contact. That was until he tucked his hand under my chin and forced me to look at him.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" He repeats again, sounding more stern.

Does he actually care? Whatever, I don't care. I wasn't the one that said 'I love you', he did. I don't have to show him that I care, if I even care. "Just forget about it," I huff.

He sighs and shakes his head. I watch as he gets up and dresses himself. "If you're going to be like that then fine, I won't try helping you," he says and pulls his shirt on.

I roll my eyes, I never asked for help. I'm perfectly fine being by myself.. I always have. He points, "but there's one thing, what I said last night, I mean it and I hope you feel the same." He quickly leaves the room before I could even react with an expression.

I sigh and sit up. This was going to be such a cheery day. Quickly, I pick out an outfit I left out on my chair. Walking downstairs, I hear Yata talking on the phone with someone. "Yeah, she hasn't shown any bad intentions," he says and smiles when he sees I've walked downstairs and was listening, "I've gotten to know her better, it sounds like she really likes the clan."

A few more words are exchanged and the call ends. I lean on the edge of the counter, "Rikio?"

Yata nods. He walks over to me and puts his hands on both sides of me on the island. He kisses my forehead, "are you sure you don't want to be anything more?"

I look away. I don't know what I want anymore. "I'm not sure yet," I mumble.

He lets out a sigh and nods. "Rikio wanted me to go in before you so I can 'give information'" he says.

I nod, still looking away. "What if the clan doesn't trust me?" I ask.

Yata was already at the door and putting his shoes on, "then they'll kick you out or something worse."

He starts leaving but something in me jumps and I run to grab his arm. "Wait!" I shriek.

He turns around and gives me a puzzled look, "what?"

I look down so my eyes don't meet him. "What if I wanted to be more than fellow clan members?" I ask.

"Why, do you want to be more than this?" He asks me.

I look up and smile, "I think so."

He smiles too. "Well (Y/N), will you be my girlfriend?"

My stomach is filled with flutters even though I saw that coming. "Yes."

He kisses me on the forehead, "I got to go in now, you have to be there in a hour."

I nod and let him leave this time.