Chapter 13

Tim POV: 

Faith clings to a glass of scotch, while I do the same, pounding them back. Her eyes are swollen and her voice is hoarse from crying, while mine is starting to rasp from shouting. We sit on the floor, both lost in our thoughts after the outburst between us. She breathes deeply, biting her lip. 

"I'm sorry I never told you." She lets out, as I watch her for a moment. I nod, knowing that information probably would've changed a lot between us. "Nobody knows beside myself and the state of Mississippi." She adds, which is surprising. I would've never seen something that traumatizing happening to her. I knew about her father's accident, but I had no clue about her mother. I knew they weren't on speaking terms, but I didn't know she was dead. "She had left a note for me... she said she wanted me to find love like she did." She says, laughing a little to herself. She looks into my eyes, her green eyes still sparkling the way they did years ago. "I never wanted that. I was completely fine with something mundane and typical..." She releases, as I sigh. "When I met you, I tried to put a barrier between us from the bat, but you just kept plowing through." She smiles, her eyes still moist. "And then one of the shows, you had Tug there..." She starts, making me pause. "He kept telling me about how he'd never seen you look at a girl the way you looked at me. He said that you were in love, and it was clear to see. He said that you were the most loyal man he knows, so I shouldn't take advantage of you." She laughs, before cracking a large smile. "I'm pretty sure he said I need to grab that ass while I have the chance." She adds, making me laugh. 

"He's the wordsmith of our generation." I remark, hearing her laugh once more, which makes my chest feel lighter. She takes a drink from her glass, before taking a deep breath. "You always told me you wanted to be a Mom... was that true, given what happened with your mom?" I start to ask, knowing she hasn't had kids yet. She nods, her eyes welling up. Suddenly tears start streaming down once more, gutting me once more. She wipes them quickly, laughing at herself. 

"Wow, I wasn't expecting that." She laughs, seeing the tears on her fingers. "Scott and I tried... Um... We tried really hard, and argued like hell over it and debated pursuing a surrogate when it wasn't happening. We went in for the consult, and it turns out Scott's sterile, so..." She lets out, shutting her eyes tightly as I feel a hole in my stomach. "I wanted to do a sperm donor or adopt once I found out, but he said he didn't want a kid if it wasn't his by blood, so we gave up on it." She admits, breaking my heart. She laughs once more, taking a sip of her drink before shaking her head. "For the longest time we thought that the issue was me. He kept saying, 'what if you're barren', or 'what if you just can't get pregnant'..." She says, staring down at her liquor. She looks up at me, sparing a small smile. "I was okay not being in love with him when I thought we could build a family together... but when it's just he and I, we don't see eye to eye. I don't look at my husband and say that he's my best friend, you know?" She confesses, being outrageously open with me. 

"I'm sorry, Faith." I reply, as she nods, forcing a sad smile. "Grant was a complete accident." I say, watching her cock her head slightly. "Kristine and I started hooking up after you left. I was so confused that I thought a rebound would somehow clear my head. So I'd get blackout drunk, call Kristine, then I'd be fine for a week or so before doing it again." I explain, as her smile fades. "When she said she was pregnant, I felt physically sick. I just froze and I realized how my world was about to change. I asked if she was considering get rid of it, and she said no, so I knew I could either be the deadbeat dad or I could force a smile and try to save face." I admit, watching her nod slowly. "Kristine and I fight like hell. There have definitely been nights where we can't bring ourselves to sleep in the same room. I mean, there are good moments too, but she's by no means the love of my life." I say, as Faith's eyes grow moist once more. 

"I'm not happy." Faith admits, crushing me. I take a large drink from my glass, before pouring more. "You told me you'd let me go if it meant I was happy, but I'm not happy, Tim." She lets out, her voice breaking. I feel something drag me toward her, despite my best attempts to hold back. I lean forward, watching her eyes look down at my lips. 

I kiss her, despite all common sense screaming in the back of my mind. She wraps her arms around me, before things quickly escalate. Our hands travel quickly, digging under each other's shirts and pulling them off, before kissing. She blindly unfastens my belt, before unzipping my jeans, never taking her lips off of mine. I pull down her pants, before unhooking her bra. She crawls onto the couch as I follow her, drawn to her like a moth to a flame. 

She lies on my chest, her mind clearly racing as we both try to come to terms with what just happened. We both cheated without an ounce of hesitation. I mean, I couldn't keep my hands off her... She looks up at me, her lips swollen from kissing me. 

"So..." She lets out, resting her chin on my chest. "What now?" She asks, as I push her hair behind her ear. 

"I'm not sure." I admit. I could leave Kristine, but then I risk losing Grant. She could leave Scott, but he'd burn her career down to ashes. We need to think carefully moving forward. "I still love you." I release without thinking, watching her soak it in. 

"I still love you too." She confesses without an inkling of doubt. She lies her cheek against my chest once more, resting her eyes while our minds continue to churn.