two || kissing a stranger

"A baby fills a place in your heart you never knew was empty."

- unknown

Amelia's POV

"Hey, Liah! What happened? Why are you sitting like this?" I heard Camellia's voice from the front door. I looked up at her as she shut the door and walked towards me.

I sighed and hand over the test result to her, she looked at me confusedly before taking the paper in her hand.

"What happened? Why are looking at me like this? Did something happen?" She asked as she sat on the opposite chair facing me.

"Yeah, a disaster," I muttered in a low voice, she looked at me with confusion. I sighed heavily and lay my head on the table.

"What are you saying? I'm not understanding anything," she said, confused.

"I'm pregnant."

"Oh okay—wait—what?" she asked, looking at me. Shock was written all over her face. And I'm not surprised by the reaction at all.

"You're joking, right?" she asked again with an awkward smile.

"Yeah, this medical report and those pregnancy kits—" I said pointing towards the dustbin where I threw the kits after testing, "—are playing a dirty joke on me right now."

"But how? You never had a boyfriend even," she asked, "Wait, that night you were drunk and you went missing. It happened that night, right?" she concluded and looked at me for confirmation.

I sighed heavily and nod my head in agreement. I thought that would be my best birthday but I didn't know it was just the start of my misery.

———//———–//———

Two months earlier,

"Liah, it's your birthday! You can't celebrate it by sitting here all day and watching those boring shows. And it's Saturday, so please let's go to the club with us!" Jane pleaded earnestly while making innocent faces.

"I agree! You need to have some fun in your life," Camellia said agreeing with Jane.

"But—"

"No, if and buts, we have already planned everything. You just have to say yes." Jane said while battling her eyelashes innocently.

Look like, I have no option in front of them. I sighed and nod my head, "O-kay."

"Yay!" They both chorused in unison and hugged me tightly.

———//———–//———

"Liah! Liah!" Camellia and Jane cheered as I gulped the shot at once.

The bitter taste of liquid burned my throat. Although I felt a little tipsy after gulping the fifth shot, it was amazing at the same time. It's like my body was on fire.

"Wow, Liah! Finally, you have become an adult! Now come let's rock the stage," Before I can say something, Jane dragged me with her onto the stage. Camellia followed us behind in tow.

The music was blasting loudly, the dim lights were making the atmosphere more amazing. We danced like crazy, shaking our bodies with beats. After so long time, I'm having such a good time. I couldn't ask for more.

"Thank you so much, guys, for making my birthday so special," I shouted top of my lungs so that they can hear my voice over the music. I was smiling wholeheartedly after such a long time.

"Don't mention it." They both chorused in unison and hugged me.

———//———–//———

"Where is Cam?" I asked looking at Jane, we both were sitting on a bar stool and having drinks. We both were quite drunk by now.

"I think she went with that guy to do that," Jane said nonchalantly. I blinked my eyes and looked confused.

"What's that?"

She started to laugh hearing that, I pouted at her, "Oh sorry! I forgot you're too innocent for that Liah," She said controlling her laugh.

"I'm not that innocent. I know what you meant," I argued.

"Really?" she asked in a teasing voice.

"Yeah and I'm not lying." I defended myself.

"Then how about we test it?" she suggested, looking at me with a mischievous smile.

"Test it? How will you test it?" I asked confused.

She thought for a while and looked around the place, "See, that guy in the corner," she pointed towards a particular guy who was standing in a corner, "Go and kiss him."

"What? How can I—"

"Why? Are you scared?" she looked at me with a sly smile.

"You think I can't do it?" I sighed heavily and asked, pointing a finger at her.

"I don't think," she denied, "I know you can't do it." She said confidently.

I looked up at her angrily and got up from the seat while stumbling on my feet. Luckily I didn't fall over the floor, I quickly straightened myself, "Now, I will do it. Just wait and watch," I said confidently and started to walk toward the guy.

Honestly, I was too drunk to realize what I'm doing— I just wanted to prove to Jane that I'm not a prude.

I stopped a few meters away from the guy. Then I turned and looked at Jane who raised her eyebrows at me and whispered, "See, I told you can't do it."

Although I can't hear what she said, still I could make out what's she saying. I sighed heavily realizing that it was too late to step back now. I have to do it now, anyhow.

I lightly tapped on the shoulder of the guy, the guy turned around to face me. I scrunched my eyes because I couldn't see the guy's face properly due to dim lights. I was also too tipsy to recognize the guy's face properly.

"Yes," I heard the husky voice of the guy which made me feel a little giddy.

I never stood so close to any guy ever, his minty breath falling on my face. Before he can understand anything, I tiptoed and crashed my lips on his.

And that night, I had my first kiss in a drunken state that too with a stranger.