five || first time

"Some things are destined to be, it just takes us a couple of tries to get there."

- J.R Ward

Amelia's POV

I sat down at a place nearby to wait for Mr. Cartwright. Because I have no idea when he's going to come. So, it's better to wait here than regret it later on.

After waiting for more than half an hour time, I started to feel tired and hungry. And on top of that,  I had skipped my lunch. I should have eaten something before coming here.

Pulling my phone out of the purse, I checked the time on my phone. Oh, god! It already has been an hour, when will Mr. Cartwright come?

I let out a frustrated sigh, I should have understood beforehand only that today wasn't my day.

Suddenly my phone started to ring. I was startled by the sudden noise that I almost dropped it.

Thank god! It didn't fall from my hand. Oh, precious phone! I just changed it a few months ago when my old phone broke. Calming myself, I picked up the call without checking the caller.

"Hello!"

"Liah, where are you? We are waiting for you. Why didn't you come for lunch yet?" I heard Camellia's worried voice as she spoke up.

I sighed and narrated about her whole incident, how Mrs. Pallis decided to torture me with this new work, and also informed her that I'm at Mr. Cartwright's house.

"Oh, poor you! You are already going through a rough time and now this..." I could hear her sighing, then she continued, "By the way, it's your first time meeting Mr. Cartwright, isn't it?"

"First time?" I asked confusedly, "I already met him so many times in-office meetings. Why it will be the first time?"

"You idiot! You met him in-office meetings. But today you are meeting him alone outside the office. Isn't it great?" she said excitedly over the phone.

First time! Alone!

How to tell you that our first meeting outside of the office already happened! And it was something that I had never imagined.

I come into a sense when I heard her voice, "If he wasn't the boss, then I wouldn't mind hitting him. I mean he's a full package of sexiness." she said empathizing with the last part. "But you know, I don't like a workplace relationships. So, it's a no-no."

Well, that's true. He just looks like a runway model who just walked out of some magazine.

"Then why were you excited before a few minutes?" I asked her, frowning over the phone.

"I was being happy for you. Maybe you will promote yourself after seeing your hard work." She replied. I smiled upon hearing that.

"You're so sweet, you know," I said.

"Yeah, I know! By the way, I have to go now. And go and grab something to eat now. Don't strain yourself for Ms. Pallis. Love you. Bye!" she said before cutting the call. I shake my head with a smile.

Camellia is right though, it's my first time meeting him alone like this after that day. I never thought that I will meet him again ... after that day.

———//———–//———

Two months earlier,

Opening my sleepy eyes, I hold my head which was aching very badly. The pain was unbearable like someone was hitting on my head with a hammer. Even I'm feeling ache all over my body. I rubbed my head to soothe my pain.

"Gosh, I shouldn't have a drink too much. Now, I'm only suffering. Ahh..my head," I said to myself while rubbing my head. Then suddenly my eyes fall on the ceiling of the room.

I blinked my eyes twice but it was the same... it was not my room. The ceiling of my room wasn't like this.

Suddenly, I realized there was a hand on my stomach which was covered by the blanket. I gulped my saliva and turned to another side only to find an unknown man sleeping beside me.

I knew waking up in the morning with a hangover was a not good thing, but finding yourself sleeping with an unknown stranger was the worst thing.

The only thing, I could do at this moment is scream. And I did that. I screamed at the top of my voice.

My chain of thoughts was broken by the sound of the engine. That's when I saw a black car stopping right in front of me. The glass of the window slides down and there was he, Liam Cartwright.

The root of my all problems.

The person with whom I had my kiss in a drunken state and also to whom I lost my precious V card.