Result

Steven woke up in the black space, once again. He sat up, feeling something running down his cheeks. He put his hand up to his cheek, only to pull back. He was crying? Was Blue Diamond nearby? He stood up, looking around. He didn’t see any auras. He walked around, hoping to find something. 

Then he remembered what happened before he blacked out. Jasper, and Bluebird, and the other lapis. “Connie!” he screamed, he felt so bad for hurting her, he had been freaking out. He should have been more calm about it. He should have just let the gems deal with it, but no he had to react and do something. He grabbed his head, he just wanted things to be fixed. 

A pinkish light came from the distance, Steven ran towards it. Maybe it was his pink half, maybe he could figure out what’s happening. He ran for what seemed like forever, the light barely getting closer, until he saw him. He ran as fast as he could, only to stop when his other half looked at him. It was like his other half had just frozen him in place. 

Steven once again woke up, but everything was different. He was in the Strawberry Field? He looked around, he was definitely taller than he had been. He hadn’t even realized he had been put in a cage, he was more curious about how much he had changed. It scared him, but all the pain was gone, he was fully corrupted. He sat up and looked around, no one was there with him. He was in a cage, in the field, by himself.

Connie and the gems sat on the couch. Each of them silent, and unsure what to do. They had managed to calm Steven down and put him in a cage, but the damage he had done was immeasurable. Half of the town was wrecked, and Jasper was shattered. Bluebird and that other Lapis had been poofed. Luckily no one was hurt too bad, just some cuts and breaks on the human side. 

“Maybe we should go check on him, it’s been at least a day or two since we last checked on him,” Connie suggested, finally speaking up. She was worried sick for Steven, she missed him, she just wanted to apologize for running away when he probably needed her the most. She wanted to apologize for not being there sooner, but she couldn’t. All she could do was watch him.

“It wouldn’t hurt to,” Pearl agreed. She had been as worried as Connie. She wanted her little happy Steven back, but she knew he had grown up. She didn’t fully understand why he had been feeling the way he had. She had tried to help him, by dropping hints, but Steven took them the wrong way. She sighed. “Come on Connie, I’ll take you,” She smiled and stood up. 

Garnet mumbled something, and stood up. “I’m coming too.” Garnet had mostly kept to herself and didn’t really say much, unless it was an idea or something for Steven. She felt guilty for not seeing this happen, she felt guilty she didn’t stop it in time.

Amethyst was off at Homeschool. She’d been avoiding everyone else, and when she’d get back home she would go into her room and not come out until the next day.

Connie, Pearl, and Garnet arrive at the fields and see that Steven’s awake. He’s just sitting there, he looks conflicted. Connie runs up to the cage, “Steven!” she said happily to see him awake.

Steven looked down, and scooted back from where she was standing. He didn’t want to be alone, but didn’t think they’d come so soon. Plus it’s not like he can just say sorry. He saw the gems coming closer, they looked relieved that he was awake. He started getting frustrated because of him not being able to say anything. How was he supposed to solve this if he couldn't even speak?