Chapter Ten

y'all ready for the final show? 😔

PARANORMAL,
CHAPTER TEN

"YOUR SON'S BEING an ass", Thalia said to her mother. She didn't mean that. She was actually worried. Scott seemed especially upset. He'd even been fidgety when Mason put little cameras on them all. He feared something would happen to the main cameras, so he'd taken out all the SD cards and everything else. This was their biggest adventure yet, and he didn't wanna risk losing any of it.

Carmen chuckled, glancing over at her son. They'd all come back after the museum fight. It all ended here. "People who spend a night in the Ether often are. It changes you. It's up to us to make sure he comes back to himself", the woman hummed.

"By the way, you have some explaining to do. What's up with me? Why did I bring Scott back to life."

"Oh, that", Carmen chuckled nervously. "You and Scott kind of represent the bloodlines of life and death?"

"I'm sorry, come again", Thalia said slowly. "Because what?"

Carmen shrugged. "I have friends on the other side, Thal. I made deals with the God and Goddess of life and death to ensure hat your and Scott would be safe. You give life. Your brother takes it. That's how it works. So, what's the plan?"

The brunette sighed. This was a story for another time. "This conversation isn't over", she reminded. She would need to understand this sooner or later. In regards to her other question, Thalia shrugged. "Trap the ring leader, send his band of freaks packing, close the rip."

"Straightforward, good", Carmen nodded. "Remember that Grammy and I are right outside. Call us when it's out time."

Thalia nodded. She squealed when she was suddenly lifted up. "Scott, you put me down!"

Scott chuckled, but he didn't put her down until they reached the others. Athos cocked the gun that had been given to him. "Alright. Let's kill these fucking demons."

"Baby steps", Jem reminded. "Let's trap the ugly fucker first."

Stepping into the house was like stepping into an entire new world. It was freezing cold. And dark. Something akin to spider webs, but thicker and more disgusting, was all over the place. Beverly touched one with his knife, and the entire house seemed to scream in pain as it receded. "Guess they did a bit of redecorating", Beverly mumbled.

"They're waiting for us", Danika reminded. "Stay on your toes."

"We just need to find our guy", Lillian added.

The lights flickered on and off as they got farther in. A suspicious red spot was growing on the ceiling, something dripping from it.

They found him upstairs. The Keeper of Hearts. He had four eyes, all pure white, and four muscled arms extended from his large body. He was burnt orange in color, and he smelled horrid. He had the legs of a goat, and his horns twisted and spiraled away from his head. He turned to look at his friends. "Get them."