✨The Best Parents ✨

Warning: if you haven't checked out "the best mom ." Part 1 and 2 yet, I suggest for you to do that now if you have no clou in what's going on. This story is going to be a real roller coaster, and I tried my best not to rush through it ❤️. And I'm not saying much in the description because that'll be spoiling the good stuff ;).

Description: 8 months ago without Louis was the hardest thing to go through for Clem after Gabe had explained to her how her how he was killed by walkers. Clem finding out had been the breaking point of her anger when Louis came back to her, swallowing Gabe whole in his fear that he'll lose Clementine. After everything felt like chaos, Clem and Louis were willing to get through it all together.

A week of destruction went by quicker than the speed of light to Clementine. She had seen Gabe's true colors pass his fake friendly behavior, and was willing to do whatever it took to protect the ones she loved.

She snapped back in reality, seeing Gabe with a gun and Louis in pain after being stabbed in the shoulder. Louis had Clementine behind him to protect her from the madman. "Gabe! We can't stay here, they'll come inside and kill us and her! DO YOU WANT THAT TO HAPPEN?!" Louis looked out the windows surrounded by walkers as more were around the small cabin they took refuge in.

Gabe shot his gun at the vase beside Louis, watching him flinch while his mind was screwed. "Do- don't talk to me like you're the boss of me! I'm the leader of Richmond and I ban you from ever coming back! You can die here or walk out there now, but I'll take her and only her if you know what's goo-." Louis's anger had gotten the best of him and charged at Gabe like a bull, fighting to grab the gun from him as Gabe accidentally pulled the trigger and shot the ceiling.

Gabe grabbed his knife and swung it, cutting Louis on the cheek and watched him trip to the ground. Gabe with a psychopathic grin looked down at Louis as he raised his knife up to finish him off, until Clementine slammed his head with a glass lamp. "Lou!" Clem called, falling down on her knees to be at his height and cup his face with her hand.

"It's just a scratch Clem. Come on, we gotta find a way out of here-." Lou was cut off by the sounds nearby of a walker slamming its way from the doors to get inside.

Clementine and Louis looked at each other with fear, as if this would be there last time being alone together. Clem slightly smiled to lift up his spirit, looking around to see a way out. Her eyes popped open for a second when she saw that there was an opening from above, a small ladder against the wall which would be difficult for Clem to get up.

"Come on Clem you go first, you'll be safe up there. I'll clear a way for us to escape." Louis grabbed Clem's hand hastily, and ran over to the small ladder to help boost her up more. "What about y-." Clementine froze when she saw Gabe behind him, all bruised up yet fumbling with a gun in his hand.

Louis was quick to turn around and swiftly grab Clem out the way when he shot, moving to the room beside them and closed the door. "I-I just want... some... somebody to lo- love me clem." Gabe's voice has broken down with a few cracks, as if he knew what he had done was wrong and this whole situation was messed up.

"I love you Gabe... and I know you're better than this." Clem's words in a way infuriated her, knowing that she hated gave after claiming her husband was dead but really just had him locked away at some other dangerous group. How he did all this mess just over her love, and putting her child at risk of having no father is what made her want to kill him. But she had to be sane, and accept him if she was willing for her and Louis to come out in one piece.

"I need to speak with him Louis." When clem tried to open the door, Louis grabbed her arm out of worry to stop her then looked deeply into her eyes to see if she was sure. Her face had shown confidence, and he trusted her. "Gabe, I need to talk with you, but you have to get rid of your weapons." Clem said against the door for him to hear, she heard his sobs from the other side and couldn't help but feel bad.