Chapter 3-The new normal

(The next day, Jasmine's pov)

I woke up before the rest of my team with my head still slightly hurting from yesterday's initiation 'I really hope that doesn't happen every time I use my silver eyes'. Before going to the bathroom to shower and change I take a look at my scroll to see if Mom (Ruby) messaged me. She didn't, I let out a sigh of annoyance before looking at the message Ma (Weiss) sent me "Congratulations Snowpetal! Come down to the cafe at some point this week and we'll properly celebrate" I smile at her message sending a quick message back, then I go to the bathroom to shower and change. After I step out of the bathroom drying my hair with a towel I look at my team still asleep 'Awww, I almost feel bad for what I'm about to do'.

Once I finish drying my hair I chuck the towel into the bathroom and grab my grandmother's cloak and put it on before putting my hair in its usual braid. After adjusting my cloak I look back at my team to see them still asleep I open the door to our dorm then I slam it hard making everyone sit up "Morning team JVRK" I say slightly chuckling which makes them glare at me and throw pillows in my direction which I dodge "Oh come on we have class at nine, so get up clean yourselves up and changed" I say coldly which everyone reluctantly agrees and before we know it were on our way to our first class 'This is going to be a fun four years'.

(Time-skip to professor ports class)

As we sat down in the front row of Professor Ports class with Violet sat to the left of me and Rouge and Kelp next to her. A second later professor Port starts his lesson "Ah it's always good to see new faces and it's always a pleasure to be the one to teach you about the creatures you will soon know as prey!" 'I don't know how I'm bored and energetic at the same time listening to him drone on, I guess he has that effect on people'. I turn and see Violet half asleep, Rouge doodling on a piece of paper and Kelp sitting there taking in all the information.

Where as for me, I'm just taking notes until professor port changes the subject "Speaking of faces, I see two very distinct faces them being the children of two of my favorite teams back in the day, them being team RWBY and CFVY it's always good to see children following in their parents footsteps!" He of course was referring to me and Violet which she didn't mind all the attention, me on the other hand was honestly kind of embarrassed by it which I think Port saw and decided to go back to the lesson he had planned where as for me I continued to write notes.

(Time-skip to the end of class)

My team and I stepped out of Professor Ports' class, each of us feeling different opinions on the subject "That was so boring!" Both Rouge and Violet say in unison making me smile at them "I actually found it quite interesting" Kelp says with her hands behind her back "What did you think of it cous?" Violet asks me, smiling with one of her rabbit ears lopsided "I found it both boring and interesting but I did realize one thing though" I say before Rouge questioned me "What?" "That I've already gotten used to the new normal for us" I answer with a smile before walking ahead of them to the next class.

(Two days later)

Me and my team were sitting in the cafeteria discussing the events of the week during breakfast. So far Rouge and Kelp were arguing over the homework that Dr Oobleck has set for next week whereas Violet is just engulfing her pancakes, 'Not as impressive as watching Aunt Nora though', I smile at all three before taking a sip of my coffee. I instantly spit it back up worrying the others "Jas are you all right?" Kelp asks with a concerned expression "I'm fine" I respond while wiping my mouth with the back of my hand "It's just that coffee tasted disgusting".

Rouge and Kelp stare at me with a confused expression while Violet chuckled "What do you expect its the from the cafeteria not everything is going to be decent" Violet says still chuckling "Well I'm not going to stand for it or right now sit for it" I finish talking by standing up and look at my team "We're going to vale for some decent coffee so finish eating and meet me by the bullheads in an hour!" As I finish my order I turn on my heel and head straight for the exit and leave Rouge and Kelp confused and Violet still chuckling "Well if you can't beat her join her" Violet says standing up and running after me.

(Two hours later)

We walk through the streets of Vale as Rouge starts to talk "Oh my gods! We passed three different cafe's just pick one!'' I continue to walk but I turn to her to answer "I've already picked one and I know you two are going to like it" Rouge and Kelp look at me confused with Violet just smiling. After a few more minutes of walking we made it to our destination Rouge and Kelp looked up at the sign 'The WhiteRose cafe' "Figures you'd want to come here" Violet whispers in my ear making me smile and playfully punch her in the arm.

We walk inside and are immediately greeted by a familiar white haired woman. "So that will be one coffee with cream and five sugars along with a tea with a bit of honey" Ma (Weiss) says walking up to us. "MA!" I scream out loud and jumping into her arms making her laugh "Hey Snowpetal, I missed you" she says hugging me tight and kissing the top of my head, I then see Violet walk up to us "Hey Aunt Weiss" as Ma finishes hugging me she hugs Violet but not as tight "Hey Violet it's good to see you" Ma says and lets go of her "Who are these two?"

Ma (Weiss) of course was referring to my awestruck teammates "These are my teammates Rouge and Kelp, Rouge, Kelp this is-" before I could continue Rouge interrupted me "You're Weiss Rose" Ma walks up to them "Looks like my reputation precedes me, even when I'm retired" Ma says while raising her hand to Rouge which she instantly shook then turns to Kelp and does the same before talking to me again "Hey Snowpetal, could you take that plate of cookies over to that table" I look at her confused "Ma I don't work here anymore".

Ma raises one of her eyebrows "Please" she says in a stern voice. I sigh while grabbing the plate and head over to the table "Sorry about the wait, had a bit of a family reunion" I say putting the plate in front of the customer "No problem at all Snowpetal" Mom (Ruby) says my eyes go wide and I immediately leap on to her "MOM!" she stands up and hugs me tighter while laughing "I missed you so much!" I say with tears in my eyes and hugging her tighter, Violet rushes over and hugs her as well "Hey aunt Ruby" mom laughs while greeting her "Hey Violet".

A few minutes into the hug and I hear a familiar voice call out to Mom "Hey Rose! Quit trying to steal my purple bunny!" me and Violet go to see Aunt Coco and Aunt Velvet playfully glaring at mom. Me and Violet hug the both of them before Aunt Coco starts arguing with Mom, 'They do this from time to time it's always fun to watch', about half way into watching the two leaders argue Violet decides to start an argument with me "FYI my mom would beat your mom in a fight" "Excuse me?!" I exclaimed and with that we started playfully arguing while the others just watched.