Chapter 9-Untold story

(Two weeks later, Jasmine's pov)
Me and Kelp were walking back to our dorm after class since we were still not allowed to go into Vale which is still annoying me ‘I haven't a cup of coffee since Aunt Winter visited and it's making me go insane’, anyway we were discussing Dr Oobleck's lecture when we reached the dorm's door I grabbed my scroll and unlocked it. As we entered I noticed Violet studying and Rouge was doing something on her scroll "Rouge what are you doing? We have a test tomorrow shouldn't you, I don't know, be studying!" I ask clearly annoyed, she doesn't look away from her scroll when answering.

"I hacked into the Atlas military network" all of us go wide eyed "WHY!" Violet asks "Eh why not I was bored" she responds still not looking away from the screen "You do know my Aunt's the general of the Atlas military I could give her a call and she can lock you out within seconds" I inform her proudly "Oh quit being an ice queen" Rouge remarks still not looking away from her scroll, I glare at her as says that making Violet and Kelp chuckle "Besides I'm just reading some old files it's not like-oh" she goes uncharacteristically quiet.

"What is it?" Kelp asks concerned "Two new files popped up one of them is closed and the other is ongoing" Rouge informs us as we get closer "What's the closed one?" Kelp asks "Jacques schnee" Rouge responds "We were there when that happened, what about the ongoing one?" Violet asks looking over her shoulder "Manhunt for Mercury Black and Emerald Sustrai, there's also an attached file related to it under 'possible locations'" Rouge answers "What's the location?" I ask, adjusting my cloak while doing so.

"Don't know it needs another login" Rouge answers confused "Which is weird because no other file needs two seperate logins" she says turning to us ‘That is weird, what file needs two separate logins’ "Whose login does it need?" Kelp asks looking at the screen "Either the general's personal login" Rouge answers "Which we are never going to figure out" Violet says laying on her bed "Or the lead huntress login" Rouge says turning back to her scroll "And that was?" I ask slightly annoyed "Um it was Ruby Rose" Rouge says, turning to me along with the others.

I slowly walked over to Rouge as she moved away to give me a better look at the screen and there it was 'advanced login required, General Winter schnee or lead huntress Ruby rose' I continued staring at the screen for several minutes before I spoke again "I know half of the login put not the password" I said as I moved away to let Rouge take over "Okay we get three guesses then were immediately locked out with no second chance" she says after typing in the last part after that we guessed what the password could be and getting it wrong leaving us with one guess left.

We continue arguing on what it could be, not noticing Violet walk over to the scroll and type in a password. "Access granted, welcome Ruby Rose" a voice on the scroll says alerting us all, we turn to see Violet with a wide grin on her face with rabbit ears straight up "What was it?" Kelp asks after a moment of silence "Jasmine Summer Rose" She responds and I immediately facepalm at my stupidity "Why didn't I think about that?" I say out loud making them chuckle. We huddle around the scroll as Rouge starts to read the mission report.

"Oh apparently Salem had a castle" Rouge says "I'm not surprised" Violet says which we nod in agreement then Rouge continues reading "Team RWBY were sent there to secure the area for a small detachment of the Atlesian fleet, on their mission they fought many different types of grimm as it was their spawning ground, not creepy at all, anyway they fought through the hordes for several hours until they reached the entrance of the castle where they were stopped by two humanoid grimm!" Rouge says with a horrified look.

(Rose residence, third person pov)

Weiss was sitting at her desk working on some paperwork for the cafe and the bills for the house as she was signing one of the papers Ruby snuck up behind her and wrapped her arms around her wife's neck "Weiss~" Ruby seductively says as she starts to kiss the back of Weiss' neck. "Ruby, not now I'm busy" Weiss says while closing her eyes and leaning her head back "Snowflake~" Ruby teased while kissing up Weiss' neck to her jawline. After a few minutes of trying to endure her wife’s advances she decided to give in "Oh screw it!" Weiss exclaims while turning in her office chair before kissing Ruby heavily but passionately.

As the two start to make out Weiss slips her tongue into Ruby's mouth but before they can continue Ruby's scroll starts to ring "Uggh, one night can I have one night to spend with my wife without somebody calling!" Ruby says while walking out of Weiss' office and into the living room which makes Weiss chuckle while she gets back to her paperwork. Ruby manages to find her scroll and answers the video call "Oh hey sis" Ruby says "Ruby this isn't a social call" Winter says in a concerned tone.

After that comment Weiss slowly moved closer to hear the conversation, Ruby hearing seriousness in Winter's voice adopted a similar tone "What's the problem?" Winter was quick to answer "I'm not sure, but an hour ago someone accessed the Atlas military network" Weiss and Ruby went wide eyed "Using your login" Ruby became even more concerned "Did they get any access codes?" Ruby asks thinking back to the fall of Beacon "They were only after one thing, access to a particular file, Salem's castle" Winter says knowing that the memory was painful to Ruby.

(Flashback)

Team RWBY were fighting the horde of Grimm that surrounded the perimeter of the castle after Weiss and Ruby cleared out the last pack of beowolves using their combined attack Ice flower. Ruby leaps into the air pumping her fist out in triumph while shouting "Another win for team RWBY!" Weiss walks over to her wife and kissed her on the cheek which calmed her "Calm down, dolt" Weiss says ruffling the younger girls hair "Whos more of a dolt, her or the one that married her" Blake says walking past them while sheathing Gambol shroud on her back.

Weiss glared at the cat faunes who was walking over to a laughing Yang "Anyway we’re still on the clock here, ladies" Ruby says, getting the attention of her team who nod in acknowledgement. The four walked towards the entrance of the castle with their weapons ready if need be, as they got closer Blake sees two figures by the entrance "Contact" Blake said softly which the others acknowledged this and walked closer cautiously until Ruby stopped dead in her tracks "Mom?".

The group stopped as they heard their leader speak, the two figures walked towards them revealing themselves to be Pyrrha Nikos and Summer Rose but upon closer inspection they had traits similar to Grimm and Summer had a black cloak instead of white. "Hello dear, it's so good to see you again, my you and Yang have grown" Summer said in a twisted voice while brandishing a sword made out of Grimm bones "Aren't you going to say hello to your old friend" Summer said in the same tone of voice while gesturing to Pyrrha.

"Hello again! It's really good to see you, I like what you did with your hair Ruby" Pyrrha said in the same voice as Summer while brandishing a Grimm version of Miló and Akoúo̱. The four girls stood there frozen in horror at what they were seeing until Yang spoke up. Her eyes turned a bright crimson "You're not our mother and you're not our friend!" The two humanoid Grimm grinned at the huntresses before leaping at them, breaking into two groups Blake and Weiss fought against the Grimm Pyrrha while Yang and Ruby fought against the Grimm Summer.

While Weiss and Blake fought against the Grimm Pyrrha she constantly made comments at the two on how much they changed since their last encounter. Weiss locked blades with Pyrrha "I like your new emblem ice queen and you said me and Jaune were obvious" Pyrrha said with a chuckle wich sent chills down Weiss' spine she quickly pushed her opponent off of her while Blake slashed at her arms making her drop her weapons Weiss rushed over and stabbed the Grimm version of her friend through the chest "Déjà vu" Pyrrha said with a sickening smirk while turning to ash.

Ruby and Yang were still fighting the Grimm version of their mother which was not easy because Ruby could not bring herself to attack her "I can't do it!" Ruby shouted out with tears streaming down her face "It's okay sweetie, I'll deal with you later" Summer says as she slashes at the young girl sending her flying back into a rock pile "RUBY!" Yang screams out trying to land a hit on the Grimm but is kicked hard in the face shattering her aura as well as making her fall on to her back. Summer looms over the blonde brawler ready to impale her with her sword until a familiar gunshot rings through the area over and over again until there's a click Summer's lifeless body collapses backwards turning to ash revealing Ruby with Crescent rose in sniper mode, the barrel smoking.

She drops her weapon and drops to her knees and starts to uncontrollably cry. The other two rush over to them with Blake checking on Yang and Weiss trying to calm her wife. "It's okay, it's okay, it's over" Weiss says on the verge of tears herself after the encounter. Ruby continued to cry for several minutes before she spoke again "Yang, Blake go place the explosives in the castle then call the fleet, tell them to burn this place down" Yang and Blake looked at their leader concerned before rushing off leaving Weiss and Ruby "We never speak about this, ever!" Ruby says looking up at the ivory haired girl who just nods in response before hugging her tighter to try and calm her.