Chapter 5-Pay-back

(Two weeks later, Jasmine's pov)
The past two weeks have been rough especially for Violet. We spent the first week at home both Mom (Ruby) and Ma (Weiss) tried their best to cheer her up. It occasionally worked but most of the time they left her alone. The second week we went back to Beacon by then everybody knew what happened. Rouge and Kelp were big support helping her catch up on the work that she missed, class wasn't that great either because most of the professors taught team CFVY and were sad about their passing as well.

Today was the day of the funeral everybody that knew them was there from team RWBY to team FNKI, ‘I just wish I could have seen them all together under better circumstances but it was still good seeing them’. One by one everybody said a few words about team CFVY ‘It was really sweet’ then Mom walked up to say her words "Team CFVY were some of the greatest people in my life since the day I met them, Coco gave me advice on how to be a leader, Fox was always there to laugh at my bad jokes, Velvet was my greatest friend and Yatsuhashi always helped whenever I felt down, without them I wouldn't be the person I am today".

After the funeral we went to Ma's cafe for the wake, everybody were at different parts of the cafe where as for me, Violet, Rouge and Kelp were sitting at a table with our drinks not saying a word to one another ‘I hate this, I hate how silent Violet’s been’. I look around and see everybody telling different stories of team CFVY. I smile at how many lives they've helped and the impact they've had until I see Mom argue with Aunt Yang without thinking I stand up and walk over to them, ‘I've never seen them argue before but this is hardly the time or place’. As I walk over to them I get the last part of their argument "I don't care who she is Yang, you know where she is and you will-" I interrupt them before Mom can continue.

"What the hell are you two doing!" I say quietly enough so as to not cause a scene ‘Woah, I so sounded like Ma then’. They look at me surprised "My best friend, your niece has been crying her heart out over the loss of her parents and uncle's and what are you two doing arguing like a bunch of kids!" the two look at me until aunt Yang speaks "Your right Snowpetal, we’re sorry" Mom just nods in agreement but before we walk back to the table mom says something to Aunt Yang I couldn't hear. Me and Mom walk back to the table and sit down as we do Ma brings more coffee and sits down next to Violet.

A few minutes past we all sat there in silence until Violet rests her head on Ma's shoulder "You okay?" Ma asks, stroking her bunny ears. She looks at her for a minute before answering "I'll be fine as long as I have family near me" after saying that she hugs her Aunt and Ma hugs her back. Mom walks over and hugs Violet as well "I’m so sorry Violet, I should have done better" Mom says while hugging her on the verge of tears "It's not your fault Aunt Ruby and I don't blame you for what happened" Violet says as they continue hugging.

(One day later, Ruby's pov)

After the funeral Jasmine and her team went back to Beacon to catch up on their studies ‘And what am I doing? I sat on the couch eating cookies and watching random programs on the holoscreen while I wait for my sister to call. I waited for several more hours until Weiss came home. "Hey Petal" Weiss says tiredly while taking her coat and shoes off and putting her handbag down "Hey snowflake, how was the cafe?" I respond leaning my head back to follow the ice queen "Busy" she says, opening the fridge and grabbing a slice of cake. We sat on the couch and talked for a while until my scroll started to ring.

I grab my scroll and look at the caller i.d "Its Yang" I say out loud before answering it "Hey, sis how was the flight back to Menagerie...okay...please just tell me...Yang she destroyed an entire village and killed team CFVY...I don't care if she's your mother since when did you start to care about her like that...Yin may like her but that doesn't excuse her of what she did and done from the past few years...thank you, love you bye" I end the call and put my scroll into my pocket and turn to Weiss "I know where she is".

A few hours after Yang's call I furiously packed for my trip with the help of my wife. After I put on my gear and secured Crescent rose to the back of my belt Weiss walked over to me carrying my backpack "I put in an extra canteen with water and some more dust bullets in case you run low" Weiss says handing me the backpack and cloak. I make sure everything is secured before opening the door. "I'll make sure she pays for what she did" I say before Weiss pulls me into a deep kiss which I melt into. We break from the kiss and she says "Just make sure you come back" I nod in response and walk out the door ‘Payback time’.

(One day later)

On the outskirts of Vale I walk out to a large opening and see my target "Raven!" I shout getting her attention "Well if it isn't the little rose it's been a while hasn't it?" she says in a snide tone "Before we start I want to make one thing clear no maiden powers" I say. She looked at me surprised, "Yang told you?" "Why wouldn't she, were sisters" I responded with a grin while grabbing Crescent Rose and turning it to scythe mode and slamming the blade into the ground clearly annoying her "Fine only because it'll be more interesting" Raven says unsheathing Omen slowly ‘To others that would be really intimidating but to me it just wastes time’.

We both stand in our combat positions waiting to see who would strike first after a moment I launch myself at her swinging Crescent rose until it collides with Omen then the battle starts with each of us trying to land a deadly blow which we keep on deflecting or parrying which leads to either of use blocking it. I'm not trying to do any fancy moves, only basic slashes and the odd pot shot to try to distoriate her but to no avail. So I switch out the gravity dust bullets for the fire dust bullets and use my semblance to get to a high vantage point to start firing at her. After firing two more bullets I dash at her and cause a critical blow to her aura shattering it.

I punch Raven in the face making her fall backwards to the ground. As she hits the ground I grab Omen and its sheath and throw it to the side. I turn Crescent Rose to its sniper form and shoot the weapon destroying it ‘I hate that I had to destroy a beautiful weapon’ I then look down at Raven laying on the ground panting heavily "Not bad little Rose not even your uncle could beat me in a fair fight" Raven says I turn Crescent Rose back to scythe form "Well go on then finish it get your revenge" she says trying to provoke me. I slam the blade into the ground an inch from Raven's head and then lean down face to face to her "The reason I don't kill you now is a favour to dad, uncle Qrow, Yang and your granddaughter".

She looks at me with a shocked expression which turns to anger in a split second "You're just like Summer, weak and pathetic!" Raven shouts at me "No I’m not the weak one, just because I don't kill people it only makes me stronger and better than you also one other thing" I finish by kicking her in the face knocking her out with a crack ‘I think I broke her nose’. I sit against a nearby tree and grab my scroll to call Winter. After a few seconds I see Winter's face pop up on the screen "Ruby as much as love talking to family, I’m very busy" Winter says while signing a document I presume to be very important. I chuckle at her response "Hello to you too sis but this isn't a social call" Winter’s expression changed as she sets her pen down to focus on what I have to say "Okay, what's the situation?".

"I have Raven Branwen here knocked out, I know she's on your most wanted list so I thought you might want to bring her in personally" I say with a grin Winter's face turns from confused to shocked in mere seconds "Yes of course! Where are you now?" she says frantically "I'll send you the coordinates, also one more thing" I say chuckling "What is it sister?" Winter asked, ‘I love it when she calls me sister shows that she actually accepts and respects me’ "Bring a medical team as well" I say looking at my other hand clutching my side covered in blood "Of course don't move we will be there in a few minutes" Winter says in a worried tone ending the video call. I chuckle slightly before leaning my head back and closing my eyes.