[ c h a p t e r ᐧ o n e ]

There once was a girl named Calli. She was a gamer gorl until the day she died. She was late for school one day because she was getting a monster energy drink. Fear coarsed through her veins because Mr. Taylor was very strict. She entered the room and bit her lip.

"WHY ARE YOU LATE??" screamed Mr. Taylor loudly.

Calli began to shake and tears pooled in her eyes as she bolted from the classroom toward the bathroom. As she was running, she smacked right into a warm solid surface, sending her energy drink flying from her hand.

"Watch where you're going!" a deep british voice yells loudly, echoing through the hall.

Calli trembled as the most attractive man she'd ever seen was covered head to toe with papillion energy drink with anger in his eyes.

"I- i-i- m-m-m s-s-sorry-y-y," she stuttered, reaching down to grab his books.

"Just leave them," he says through a clenched jaw.

Calli had never seen him before, so she thought he must be new to school.

"W-w-hat-t is your n-n-name?" she asked, biting her lip.

Surprise flashed in his eyes briefly but before she could acknowledge it, he spoke.

"You don't know who I am?"

Arrogant much?

"Should I?" she challenged.

He smirked and started walking away.

"The name's Smyles. Harry Smyles."

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

•••

Calli went to lunch after crying in the bathroom alone for three hours. She usually say on the outskirts while the popular kids sat in the middle. After getting her lunch, she went to sit in her regular seat when she noticed someone else was already sitting there.

Harry Smyles.

Calli let out a groan but went to sit there anyway because it was her seat and no one could take it from her. Not even Harry Smyles.

As soon as she sat down, Harry look up and sighed.

"Come to spill something else on me, princess?" he asks.

"Don't call me that!" she yelled, drawing the attention of a nearby table.

He rolled his eyes and chugged down a chocolate milk before standing up and walking right out of the lunchroom.

Suddenly I saw Ashly from the corner of my eye. Ugh. Ashley Towns was the mayor's daughter and the most stuck up person in the whole school. AND she was a cheerleader, which meant she wore a short skirt and all the boys wanted her.

"I see you're alone, again. Must be because you drab hair and weird clothes scares everyone away!" She laughed, flipping her hair.

For some reason she gathered my courage, and surprised even myself when I said, "Well at least my hair doesn't look like that."

She gasped and grabbed my milk from my tray and poured it all over my hair. "HA!" she yelled.

Calli could feel tears streaming down her face as she ran from the lunchroom. Almost on cue, she smacked into the same warm solid chest as before.

"Please," she blubbered. "Don't yell at me again, I couldn't bear it!"

Calli looked up into Harry's green eyes and they were in fact filled with anger. But not at her. He grabbed her by the shoulders.

"Who did this to you?" he demanded.

"A-a-ashley."

Harry stormed off toward the lunchroom as Calli went off to the bathroom to cry. A few minutes later, Ashley came running in with milk covering her whole body. The excess amount of makeup she wore was streaming down her face and she looked like a melted china doll. She saw Calli and snarled.

"YOU DID THIS!" she yelled, pointing a perfectly manicured finger her direction. "Me and my boyfriend are going to get you and your watchdog for this!"

Calli almost laughed. It's "my boyfriend and I".

Suddenly, her boyfriend Sybastian came into the girl's bathroom and tried to grab Calli but she dodged and ran away. She went running for the doors as fast as she could with those monsters chasing her. When Calli broke through the doors, she had nowhere to run, she was trapped with them coming to get her.

Then out of nowhere, an engine roared and a motorcycle pulled up next to her.

"Hop on!" the guy on it said, flipping the helmet's visor up so she could see him.

It was Harry. She breathed a sigh of relief and jumped on and they road away from the school.

a/n: that was a wild first chapter, am i right? who's your favorite character so far? Ashly? JUST KIDDING. she's a jerk :(