II

"IF YOU WERE GON' DO YOUR OWN MISSION THEN YOU COULD'VE AT LEAST DONE IT RIGHT!" Namjoon heard Jackson yelling at Jungkook from the other side of the locked door.

"GOD FUCKIN' DAMN IT I KNOW, OKAY??!" Jungkook yelled back and a deep breath could be heard before he continued. "You've been nagging me for the past 3 weeks about the same shit. I get it, I fucked up. Move on, Wang."

"My friend's locked up and missing his classes because of you. You have no fucking idea how bad that is." Jackson gritted through his teeth.

"Boo-hoo, he missed some classes so what? Dat's da end of his nerdy reputation? Real big thing to mope 'bout." The younger ridiculed. Namjoon just stared blankly at the wall, ignoring the younger's comments about him.

There was a short pause, maybe Jackson was trying to cool his temper, at least that's what Namjoon assumed. "You don't understand."

"Yuh right. And I don't want to."

The tall brunet heard him walk off. Moments later, the sound of jingling keys unlocked the door. Namjoon faced away, laying on the comfortable bed that ironically gave him no comfort in the small, isolating room.

"Joon?" Jackson softly called out then there was a dip on the bed. His hand rested on the taller's arm but Namjoon didn't bother to look, only letting a tear smooth across his face. "Talk to me, please. I know this's hard for you but you're my best friend and I wanna help."

Help me? The younger thought, mentally scoffing. Like their boss would ever let him go.

But he felt bad for ignoring Jackson so he decided to at least say something.

"That day-" He started, voice monotone and deprived of emotion. "I was studying from 8 in the morning 'til 6 at night. There was an exam coming up the next day so I was completely out of it that I even forgot to eat. I went to the store to buy some cup noodles and that's all I remember b'fore I woke up in that dark room."

"At least Jin let you live." Jackson sheepishly said, knowing very well that he's shit at comforting others.

"I wish he didn't..." The male whispered, curling his legs up to his chest.

"Hey. Come on. Don't be like that. You're lucky to be alive." The shorter rubbed the other's arm.

"Am I really though?" Namjoon choked out, trying his best to hold in his sobs. "I missed the exam which means I failed the class. I also missed my other classes that had upcoming exams. That's sure gonna spread around campus. The Namjoon Kim, the guy who gets perfect scores on all of his assignments, failed his classes. Do you have any idea how bad that sounds? My parents will find out and all my hard work will be put to waste."

Jackson sighed, he'd only seen Namjoon break down once during their years of friendship. It was somewhere around the first week they had to share a dorm and he woke up in the middle of the night to noises. No surprise, it was the latter crying about his parents. Jackson comforted him (or at least tried to) and ever since, they've been best friends.

"T-they're not gonna want me back, Jackson." Namjoon cried and the other only pulled him up to his chest. Jackson's never met the younger's parents but he's heard stories and knew what happened between them and Namjoon. He couldn't bring himself to comfort the male with lies when he wasn't too sure of the outcome himself.

They stayed in the same position for a while, unaware of the footsteps from the other side of the door walking away.

"When were you gonna tell me that you're part of a mafia?" Namjoon spoke up, sounding a little more like himself now.

Jackson rubbed the back of his neck, a sheepish smile on his face. "Uh... never?"

"I'm hurt." Namjoon joked, the shorter rolling his eyes but a fond smile on his face knowing that his friend was a little at ease now that he's joking around. Plus, he was also glad that the younger wasn't mad about him hiding his other life.

"How long have you been part of the... um-"

"Dire mafia."

"Dire mafia." The taller brunet noted.

"More than two years ago." Jackson answered, looking up to think back to how exactly it all started.

"But we were already friends." Namjoon pouted and the other shrugged.

"You know how I never really gave a valid reason to why I left the dorms?" He received a nod. "Well it's cuz o' this. At the time, I was lost and didn't see a happy future for me when I still had an undecided major. I went to a bar to drink my problems away and got into a fight. Surprisingly, even to me, I knocked that guy out like it was nothing even in my drunk state."

The younger lifted a brow in disbelief.

"Yeah. I know, right?!" Jackson chuckled before continuing. "But I didn't know that Jin was watching me from somewhere in the crowd. He introduced himself and we talked then BAM he offered to be part of a mafia when he heard how much I felt like a lost cause. I don't say it much but I'm really thankful that he saw my potential and took me into his mafia. I wouldn't be here right now if he didn't. Though people are a bit rough on the edges here, they're like family to me."

Namjoon couldn't help but let the soft smile appear on his tan skin, dimples on display. "I'm glad you found something you like, Jacks."

"I'm glad too."

"Why are you still going to college if you already like it here?" The younger brunet question.

"Because I didn't want to lose touch with ya'." Jackson explained. "If it weren't for college, I would have rarely gotten the time to see my best friend especially since ya' didn't know about this part of me."

"Well now I know." Namjoon rolled his eyes. "You can drop out if you want. I'd understand if we don't see each other as often as we do." Jackson couldn't believe that his overachieving friend, the one that constantly nagged him to do his assignments and study for exams, was encouraging him to drop out. Character development really does come in handy, huh.

Jackson shook his head. "No, thank you. I much like feeling like Hannah Montana with my double life. And I don't have to wear a wig which is a plus." The taller snickered at his friend's reasoning.

The older's phone rang and he sighed, fishing the device out of his leather jacket's pocket.

"Yes?" Jackson answered and a muffled voice could be heard from the other line. "Yeah, yeah. I'm on my way."

"Duty calls?" Namjoon gave a half pout, half smile.

"Yup. Sorry, Joon." The other stood up and walked back to the door.

"It's okay. Be safe."

"Will do. See you later." And with that, he locked the door behind him.

Namjoon sighed. He hated being alone in this small room without any way of getting out. He laid back down on the bed and went back to staring at the wall.

=

(If you've read my book Oxymoronic Eyes, then you should know what I'm talking about.) Would you guys like it if I also incorporated songs to listen to in certain chapters for this book? Or is it too distracting while reading? I know some of my readers found it helpful with setting the mood of the chapter but you can alway choose not to play it if you don't like it.

Just a suggestion. Up to you :)