CHAPTER 09: The Real Goodbye

Third Person's POV

Safeera woke up to the sound of a machine. She looked her and recognized the same room that she was admitted before. She looked around and saw Doc. Luke giving instructions to the nurse. He looked at her and dismissed the nurse.

"At last! You're Awake! You've been unconscious for about a month Safeera." He said and looked at the clipboard.

"W-what?" Safeera asked, a little surprise.

"Yes. You've been unconscious for about a month. And I have a 2 good news and a bad news for you. Which one do you prefer to hear first?" He asked.

"I would want to hear the good news first." Safeera told him.

"Well, your babies are fine. You almost lost them but luckily they were saved by Doc. Sam. The second good news is that we finally know what is your condition and it can be cured." He explained.

'Thank God my babies are fine. I don't know what will I do if something happened to them' Safeera thought to herself.

"The bad news is?" She asked.

"We need to wait until your due date and we need to travel to USA to cure it. I will handle you as per your parents request but the facility here doesn't have the things we need to get you cured so we need to travel there." He stated.

"It's fine. Can I ask a question?" Safeera asked.

"You already did." He said then laughed. "Just kidding, what is it?" He added.

"Does my husband knows it?" Safeera asked.

"No. Your husband and your parents are not in good terms. I think it was because of what happened to you." He told her.

"That's good. Can you not tell him that are babies are fine and that we need to go abroad to get me cured?" Safeera told the doctor.

"If that's what you want." He said.

"Thank you. I owe you one." Safeera told the doctor.

"I'll excuse myself for now. Here's my personal cellphone number. Call me if you need something." Doc Luke said.

"Thank you." The lady answered.

*an hour has passed*

ZIXEN's POV

I entered Safeera's room and saw that she's still asleep. When will she wake up? God I can't forgive myself. I hurt my wife!

"Hmm..."

I looked at Safeera and saw her fingers moved.

"W-WIFE! At last!" Is the only thing that I can say when she opened her eyes.

"D-doctor" She hummed.

Yeah right! I'm so stupid. I got out of the room and looked for her doctor. I hate this guy. He always touch what's mine. When I saw him, I immediately approached him and told her about Safeera. We walked in the room and he did his job.

"Doc. Where's my babies?" Safeera asked and I don't know why but I feel horrible. Like something might happen.

"I'm sorry but they didn't survived." He said, crashing my hopes and my life.

Safeera's POV

God forgive us for we have sinned. I know it's bad to lie about someone death but I need to do it to save my babies.

"W-what?" I asked, making sure I sound surprise.

"Your babies are dead. You lose a lot of blood and we can't save them." Luke said.