Clock

I silently crept in, slipping my shoes off at the door and slinking to our bedroom. He was sound asleep, holding my pillow. I smiled to myself and stripped, sliding into bed beside him and gently removing the pillow from his grasp before joining him in sleep.

I woke to my hair being yanked, I cringed as I pulled back, rolling away from the pain. He was sound asleep, his hand caught in my long locks as he tried to roll away. He faced the wall, mumbling in his sleep before twitching violently. I snuggled close to his back, wrapping my arms around his waist and kissing his shoulder blades, "Shhhhh, go back to sleep." I cooed softly, listening to his breathing grow softer. I smiled against his back, kissing him again before rolling away. Two hours of napping. Two hours of dreamless, restful sleep. With the love of my life. It was bliss. I smiled to myself as he began snoring loudly. I reached over and turned my phone onto silent and dimmed the brightness before logging onto Netflix and playing 'Friday the 13th' with subtitles, hoping not to wake him up but also not wanting to leave his side. Another hour rolled past as he started to stir, stretching and groaning before realizing I was there. "How long have you been here?" He asked, gripping my waist and pulling me into his chest. "For three or so hours, I was asleep for the most of it though." "Oh? Why didn't you wake me?" He asked, kissing my shoulder blade. "You were sleepy, and you woke me up. You need sleep baby." He sighed and pushed me onto my back, dancing his fingers across my skin. "How did I wake you?" "You pulled my hair by accident." "My bad..." I smiled at him and placed soft kisses on his jaw, "S'kay." He chuckled and trailed his fingers over my thighs. "I have to get ready to leave soon, I'm sorry you came all this way just to watch me sleep babe." "Baby, I don't care what we do. As long we we're together, that's all that matters to me. I promise. I'm easy to please. I love food. And naps. And head scratches." He chuckled, "Can't forget head scratches." I smiled and kissed him before sliding out of bed and putting on a tee shirt and underwear. "I'll stay until you're ready to leave. Or kick me out. It's up to you." I shrugged, giggling when he tickled my sides lightly. "Okay, but first food." He said as he got dressed. I nodded and followed him out of the room, plopping myself on the sofa as he started to make something for dinner. I glanced at my phone, eight twenty one pm. "Alexa, play TOOL radio."  I called, aimlessly scrolling through Facebook. Schism played softly as he sat next to me, handing me a plate of pasta. We ate in comfortable silence. "I'm so tired." He groaned, setting his empty plate to the side and pulling me into his chest. "I'm sorry." I said, running my hand over his chest and abdomen. "Not your fault babe." He said before kissing my forehead and playing with my hair. The music played softly as we snuggled, telling stories about our lives. Talking about our hopes for the future. Our anxieties and out fears. I glanced at my phone, eleven nineteen pm. "I'm going to get a shower and pack babe." He said, sliding me off his chest and handing me his PlayStation remote, "Here. You can watch Netflix or play video games. Whatever makes you happy." He said as he logged onto the system, kissing me before stepping into the bathroom. I clicked on Netflix and started watching 1922, curling up on his end of the sofa and tucking the fluffy blanket around me.

I felt pressure on my face and then a bright light flooded my eyes. I groaned and tried to cover my face, but a chuckling figure stopped me. "Time to get up darling. I need to go." He said, kissing me again. "What time is it?" I asked drowsily, stumbling to my feet as I blindly looked for my phone and keys. "Like, twelve forty five." He said, steadying me on my feet. "Are you okay to drive? Do you want coffee?" I took a deep breath, rubbing my face, feeling the awake-ness creep up my bones. "No I'll be okay. I just have work at six." "Why didn't you tell me?" "I wanted to see you before you left. I'm fine. Trust me." I said, sliding my shoes on. He sighed and kissed me, hugging me close before following me outside. "Be safe babe." "You too, text me when you get there please." I called before sliding into my car and starting it up. I followed him out all the way to the interstate before we parted ways.

I pulled up to my house, walking back to my bed and crawling into the icy sheets. One fifteen am, the clock glared in the pitch blackness.

My alarm woke me up with a start, flashing five thirty am angrily before I slammed the button. I glanced at my phone, a missed message at four twenty, "I made it darling."