Alone

Walking in the woods made me feel at home, at peace. No noisy city, crying babies, screaming engines. Peace and quiet. Eerily quiet, no birds sang, no wind rustled, no owls screeched. Silence. I smile, running my fingers along the barks of the trees. Fae dwelled here, still probably do, this is sacred land.

Suddenly, I hear a soft giggle, like a child, running, a balloon popped, causing me to jump, more laughter, more cynical each time. Suddenly, music began, carnival music, music of a carousel,  of children squealing with joy, of popcorn popping, cotton candy machines whirring.

It was the music of joy, lights beamed on, scaring me. A cold seeped over me, yet everything in me told me 'keep going', because I knew, this would be fun.

Where else would I go? I was alone.

Going further I seen ghosts of people at games from a fair that was here years and years ago, of people that had since died. The illusion faded, blood streaked the buildings, people screamed and cried, the laughter got louder. I stopped cold.

"H-hello, look I know you're out there, and I'm sorry to intrude, I know these are fae grounds, I just, I enjoy your cultu-"

"What!?" I scream and fall on my ass looking well up to the clown thing. He stood 8 foot high, gangly limbs, dressed in monochrome, with bright candy in his hands. "You believe in the supernatural? Then what was the point in all this! I can't even cheat you into believing I'm your imaginary friend! What are you doing in these woods!" He bellowed.

I open my mouth but nothing comes out, my shoulders shake as I try to breathe, tears sliding down my cheeks. He is not a fae. And I am going to die.

"I-I'm Y/N L/N, I enjoy wandering the woods, it calms me."

"There are serial killers in these woods!"

"I-I know, I assume you're one of them, really, I-I don't mind, nobody minds, not anymore, not after Mr. Gacy and Bundy. Nobody minds at all. S-so who are you?" The demon clown turns on me as I mention, maybe some of his pals.

"Laughing Jack, call me LJ. Run, before I kill you." I shake as I stand turning, I sprint from the woods, the demon clown not following. I never trip over the roots of trees, I never stumble over rocks, the forest protects me, heals me.

The forest then spits me back out into civilization. I faintly hear 'Pop Goes The Weasel' in the back of my head. The clown watches as I rush into the crowds of people. He smiles, his teeth like candy corn.

"Don't come back," He whispers in my ear, as black dust, "Or I won't be so generous as this time." I run, and run and never look back.

Because I'd rather be surrounded by a hoard of people, than to ever, ever be alone again.

~~~~

So, it's been three years... My bad. I haven't been in good places and good places cause no inspiration. I'm so sorry I've neglected you all and thanks to @Ally21aye for pointing it out that is has been 3 years, so thanks. I haven't really been in this fandom either, I'll do my research but I expect my works for this won't be well written, sorry in advance.

This was rushed and probably sloppy but here.

Bye for now...