House of Horrors

A/N: I'm just writing this as it comes to mind. I've been listening to a lot of music recently as I have worked on random things. I'm trying to get my life together but it's stressful. So this is my getaway.

I'm just using real life people in my imaginary world. This is strictly for fan purposes. I love the guys of Fanxy Child as their music has given me hope when I've had none. These stories are just ramblings.

***

Rowoon sat in her kitchen, completely devastated that her sanctuary had been violated. Her belongings lay scattered on the floor, bits of her childhood smashed. Especially pictures she had taken with Fanxy Child and Club Eskimo. Pictures of her with her family. Pictures of her and Dongwook.

She had known something was wrong when she had gotten home. Her door had been wide open and the lights had been on. Her first reaction was to call the police. She had waited until they had arrived before going in. Seeing her life smashed before her eyes made her want to curl up in a ball and cry. 

She had tried calling Dongwook, but his phone had gone straight to voicemail. She had figured he was in his studio. Even asleep, he would answer her. Next she had tried Jiho, but he hadn't answered either. Hyoseob had answered on the second ring, but he had been busy. Luckily, he had given her Hyuk's number.

With the things that had been going on around them, she would have had reservations about calling him. But with no one else to call, she had dialed his number without a second thought. He hadn't answered so she had shot him a text. Within minutes, he had called her back. She had told him what had happened, and he had instructed her to stay with the police.

An officer handed her a cup off coffee as the forensics team combed through her house. She was fairly certain a sasaeng had found her house and had broken in. Some crazed person didn't like her working with the boys, and now he or she was working to make sure it didn't happen again.

"Park Rowoon-ssi?" a lieutenant said. It wasn't the officer who had brought her the coffee. "Would you like to collect a bag? You cannot stay here while we investigate."

She nodded and followed her to her room. Just like the rest of her house, it was trashed. Her bed had been flipped, it's dressings all over the floor. Her clothes had been ripped and cut up, all of the lying haphazardly everywhere. Nothing was hanging in her closet and her dresser had been turned over. Whoever had done this had made sure she wouldn't stay here. Her gut said she was going to be followed to make sure she stayed away from the guys.

For the most part, she had kept it together as she had walked around her destroyed life, packing things she could take and discarding those too messed up to salvage. After all, they were just clothes. But when she saw her favorite picture of Dongwook on the floor, frame and glass in a million pieces, she lost it. Sinking to the floor, violent sobs shook her. All the emotions - fear, anger, anguish, loss - made her forget about packing what little she had left.

Two strong arms wrapped around her, pulling her to her feet. She knew who it was simply by the smell, but she didn't care that cigarettes and alcohol would soak into her skin and hair. She clutched what little sanity she left to keep herself upright, bunching the light material in one fist as the other held her picture.

She heard him talking for his chest rumbled, but she was too tired to really care. She just wanted to sleep, but sleeping here would be impossible. If she could sleep at all.

Hyuk pulled Rowoon towards the door, careful of the picture pressed between them. He didn't know what he was going on, but he could guess.

His cab was idling out front. He got her tucked in on one side and got in on the other. Once they were headed back to his house, he looked down at her. Her head was bent, one cheek pressed into his shoulder. She was fingering the picture of a young Dongwook and a girl whose face had been scratched out, a girl who was obviously her. They looked to be about high school age, which would put them at about sixteen or seventeen. Maybe even as old as eighteen. His gut said it was right before the two had become a couple, not that it mattered.