Sleepy Situation

A shadow fell over Hyuk's computer. He turned around and looked up. Rowoon looked him, pillow clutched in her arm as she dragged the comforter behind her. Despite her age, she looked like a small child. Tonight's crime had shaken her to her core. She would have fought him about staying with him, but she was so out of it he was certain she would have failed a sobriety test.

They looked at each other for a long while. Sleepy eyes met curious ones as they watched each other. Hyuk couldn't help the pity in his eyes. She was so lost, and he couldn't do anything to help except give her as much space as she needed.

She blinked slowly at him a few times before turning to the couch. After fluffing her pillow, she curled up under the comforter and watched him. He smiled and turned back to his work. She just wanted to be around someone, not to be alone.

He worked steadily, taking his time. A few times he got up to get a drink or smoke. He was never far from her, just in case she needed him. For the most part she stayed quiet, watching him from the safety of her cocoon.

The last time he left and came back she was sound asleep. The comforter was pulled up to her nose and her eyelashes made dark crescent moons on her cheeks. He watched her shoulders rise and fall easily beofre he went back to work.

His phone buzzed just as he sat down. Dongwook had messaged him privately, away from the group chat just in case.

"How is she?" - Dongwook. He even added a worried face.

Hyuk smiled then spund around. He snapped a picture of her and sent it back.

"She's sound asleep." - Hyuk

"Why is she in the studio?"

Hyuk sent back a shrugging sticker. "She just came in here and laid down. I don't think she wants to be alone."

"I'm home if anything happens."

Hyuk acknowledged his friend then went back to work. By the time four a.m. rolled around he had finished composing three songs and had sent two fully produced to Hyoseob.

He stretched languidly, enjoying the way his body popped back into place. He looked at Rowoon sleeping contentedly. Did he wake her up or let her sleep? What would be best?

Gently, he shook her shoulder. She opened her eyes slowly, focusing on his face. Nuzzling her face back into the pillow she sighed sleepily.

"What time is it?" she asked.

"It's a little after four," he said. "I'm going to take a shower then go to bed. Do you want to stay in here or got to the bedroom?"

"Go shower."

He realized she didn't answer the second part of his question, but he went anyway. He took the fastest shower he had taken in a while. When he emerged, Rowoon was in the kitchen. He didn't say anything to her, just watched as she pulled the leftovers out.

Hyuk grabbed a couple of bowls and flatware and helped out. Though she'd made it earlier in the evening, Rowoon hadn't actually eaten. She would be hungry after sleeping for several hours.

"I talked to Jiho," he said. They were sitting at the table with only a lamp on in the kitchen. She looked up at him, spooning soup in her mouth. "He doesn't want you to go to work tomorrow."

For the sixth or seventh time that night, her lip quivered and fresh tears threatened to spill. He felt like an ass for saying it.

"He's not punishing you. He just wants to eliminate the option that it was something KOZ. It will give the police somewhere else to look."