Shownu (1): The Kingdom of Clove

Shownu was leaning on the rails of the balcony for two hours now, waiting for his Prince to be finished with his meeting with the King and his court. He let out a long and heavy sigh while he looked back and forth from his pendant and the sleeping Kingdom below. After a while, his gaze wandered past the outline for his beautiful home Clove, to admire the elegant simplicity of Bayrin. Bayrin was considered Clove's sister kingdom. He had travelled to Bayrin a couple of times while accompanying the Prince to meetings, royal balls, or just a visit. Every time he was there he would always see the same gorgeous girl with King Leeteuk, Prince Joohoney's father. He remembered her soft-looking skin, beautiful brown eyes, long eyelashes, plump pale pink lips, and perfect figure ( not in the traditionally sexy way. He just thought she was very muscular and healthy-looking). His thoughts were cut short when his friend and fellow protector Mark joined him on the balcony.

"I wonder if they are having the same meeting over there," Mark said as he leaned on the railing too. 

"They most likely are. King Heecheol and Queen Momo did say this was important for ALL vampires. Not just Clove," Shownu answered not taking his eyes off the other kingdom. 

"Still thinking about her, huh?" Mark smirked when he didn't reply. He chuckled and shook his head while looking in the same direction as Shownu. "She's the Princess,"

"What?" Shownu finally looked over at his friend. 

"The girl on your mind is a princess. Her name is J.Win, at least her public name is. She is the second born of King Leeteuk," Mark explained as he showed the other a letter addressed from someone in Bayrin.

"Did she write this?"

"No my friend Minhyuck did. I wanted to help you out. So I asked Hyuck about her. He is Prince Joohoney's protector, so he knows the family well," Mark replied as he handed Shownu the letter so he can read all of it.

"Thank you Mark," He smiled and placed the letter in his pocket. Just then Mark's little sister, the Queen's protector, Sam came onto the balcony.

"What are you losers doing? The meetings over stand up straight to greet the Royal family," They looked behind her to see the King, Queen, and Prince coming towards them.

"Looking for your crush again Shownu hyung?" JB chuckled. Shownu playfully glared at him. 

They all jumped as a sudden explosion sounded behind them. They all turned towards the noise and Shownu felt himself go numb. They saw Bayrin...On fire...and the Castel...crumbling to the ground.

~End of Chapter 1~