Chapter 4

Matthew woke up by the sun creeping through his red and white maple leaf curtains. He sat up and put his glasses on and went to the bathroom with some clothes to get cleaned up.

When he finished in the bathroom, he walked to Kat's room, checking up on his friend.

He opened to be greeted by a Ukrainien  and a polar bear cub sleeping peaceful together. He assumed the flight tired her out.

He went downstairs to get breakfast ready. He thought he would make some bacon and eggs this time. He does love his pancakes, but he likes to switch it up once and a while.

Right when he finished, he heard footsteps coming down the stairs. He turned to the stairs to be met by a sleepy Kat, holding Kumajiru in her arms.

Kumajiru jumped out of Kat's arms and ran to Matthew, scratching at his leg asking for food.

"Bon matin Kat, I made some eggs and bacon if you're okay with that." Matthew said, placing two plates of food on the dinning table and walking to the fridge to get some fish for Kumajiru.

"добрий ранок Matthew, I'm fine with that. Thank you." Kat said, rubbing one of her eyes as she sat at the table.

Matthew put some glasses on the table, placing a water pitcher and orange jus beside them.

"Which one would you like?." Matthew asked.

"Some orange juice please." Kat answered.

Matthew poured some orange juice in Kat's glass and gave it to her. He then poured himself some water and sat down.

They talked while eating, enjoying the breakfast as much as they enjoyed talking to each other. I really was a long time since he's seen Kat. They do text but actually talking with her, it was awesome.

When they finished, Matthew picked his and Kat's dishes and placed them beside the sink. He then started to prepare the sink to wash. When the sink was ready, Matthew started to wash them.

"Can I help?" Kat asked.

"Oh no it's fine, you're my guest, you can go and relax." Matthew answered, rinsing a plate and placing it on the rack to dry. Kat took a towel and started to dry the plate.

"You really don't need to help, I can do it by myself." Matthew said. Kat gave Matthew a look that literally said she was helping wether he like it or not. Matthew didn't push it and let Kat help.

"So when is your flight?" Matthew asked.

"Oh it's around 1:30 pm, what time is it anyways?" Kat answered, turning to the clock on the wall. It was 11:45 am.

"We still have some time before I leave, what should we do?" Kat asked.

"I'm not sure. It's pretty cold outside so I don't think we should do anything out there. We could bake. We haven't baked together in a long time." Matthew suggested.

"Yeah! Let's do that!" Kat said excitingly.

After the dishes were done, Matthew went and took one of his cookbooks.

"What should we make?" Matthew asked.

"Let's make some blueberry muffins!" Kat answered.

Matthew flipped through the book until he landed on the recipe. Matthew gave Kat and himself an apron and washed their hands. Matthew preheated the oven before him and Kat went around to get the ingredients. When they got them all together, he got his electric mixer and they started to make them.

When the batter was ready, Kat poured the batter in the muffin tins and Matthew put them in the oven. They put a timer on for 20 Minutes (Idk how long you're supposed to put them in) and put some racks on the counter. They then went to the living room to watch tv.