Chapter 5

Matthew grunted as he turned off his 8:00 am alarm. He had to pack that morning since Kat came to visit. Even if his flight was at 10:00 am. It's better to be safe then sorry.

He got up and took a maple leaf hoodie, some sweats and some underwear to change into after his shower. He walked to the bathroom with the clothes and closed the door, leaving the sleeping Kumajiru in the bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When he got out of the shower and did whatever else he needed to do, he walked out of the bathroom and went back to his room to pack.

It was around 9:00 am when he finished so he went downstairs for breakfast, Kumajiru following behind his owner.

Matthew went in the fridge and gave Kumajiru his breakfast while also packing some food for Kumajiru even though he knew he would have to buy more over there since he's staying there for 2 weeks (there's a meeting each second week on Monday and/or Tuesday). He didn't mind staying there for so long as he was going to be with Ivan. He was very excited to finally see the Russian again.

Matthew took out some fruit loops and poured himself a bowl. He then walked to the fridge to grab the milk and poured it in, placing the milk back in the fridge while grabbing a spoon and sitting down at the table with his bowl of cereal.

He ate his cereal and it was 9:15 am. Before he called a cab, he needed to get his skates that were in his closet.

He walked up the stairs and entered his room. He walked to his closet and grabbed his skates.

He walked back to the front door were the rest of his stuff was, blushing a bit, thinking of how it's going to go. He shook his head and put his coat on. He then took his phone and called a cab.

When the cab came, Matthew locked the door to his house and put his stuff in the back before going into the passenger seat, Kumajiru jumping on the nation's lap. The driver looked at the Canadian with a confused look.

"You have a pet polar bear?" The driver asked.

"Yeah, he's domesticated though so he won't hurt anyone." Matthew answered.

The driver just shrugged

"That's not the weirdest thing I've seen." The driver said. Matthew let out a small chuckle.

The ride was quite fun, since the driver and Matthew bonded quite a bit, telling each other stories. Then they arrived at the airport.

"Merci." Matthew said while paying the driver.

"No problem. Be safe." The driver said.

"You too." Matthew said before the cab drove off.

He arrived the airport at the 9:40 am. He waited until his could board the plane but before he did, he texted Ivan that he was boarding the plane. Ivan was picking him up so Ivan asked for Matthew to text him right before he boarded the plane.

When he got to his seat and the plane took off, Matthew feel asleep right away as did Kumajiru.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ivan was at the airport, waiting for Matthew. Kat left from the same airport that Matthew was arriving in. Kat's flight is a little before Matthew arrival so he waited.

The flight arrived and Ivan waited for the Canadian to appear. After quite of bit of people got out, he saw Matthew coming out. It seemed that Matthew saw Ivan as well since he ran and gave Ivan a big hug right after he got off. Ivan hugged him back. After a little bit, Ivan pulled away.