Chapter 9

Matthew woke up to a warm pillow. He didn't have the energy to open his eyes so he just cuddled the pillow... wait. The pillow felt weird. He felt his legs brush beside something else. There was something hugging him, like a person was there.

Matthew slowly opened his eyes. He examined his surroundings and realized. He was cuddling Ivan. IVAN! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!

Matthew tried to get out of Ivan's arms without waking the Russian. He finally slipped out of the nation's grip and stuffed his face in a pillow.

He was blushing like he just got sunburnt. He was freaking out! He wanted to scream in the pillow but he knew that would wake Ivan so he just mumbled in the pillow.

Ivan woke up and sat up. He looked over at the Canadian mumbling in a pillow. Ivan placed a hand onto the nation's shoulder only for Matthew to let a squeak as he quickly took the pillow off his face. Ivan immediately removed his hand from Matthew shoulder out of surprise. Matthew was still blushing.

"B-Bon matin Ivan! Comment ça va?" Matthew asked.

"English please." Ivan replied.

"O-Oh sorry! Good morning!" Matthew was jittery and nervousness was running through his body.

"Are you okay? You're very strange this morning." Ivan asked.

"Y-Yup! Just fine!" Matthew answered. Ivan then realized how red Matthew was. Ivan chuckled, leaving Matthew quite confused.

"Now I know why you're acting strange." Ivan said while he ruffles Matthew's hair.
Ivan adored how childish Matthew was. Ivan got up, got some clean clothes and walked to the bathroom. Before he closed the door, he looked at Matthew

"You can use the other bathroom to get cleaned up." Ivan said. He then closed the door.

Matthew just sat there not moving. He didn't want to be alone. After last night, he didn't feel safe alone. Even if Ivan was in the bathroom in the bedroom, he was terrified sitting in the room. Kumajiru got up and went to Matthew, throwing himself into the Canadian's arms. Kumajiru was scared as well. They cuddled each other, comforting each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ivan came out of the bathroom with his clean clothes on will rubbing a towel on his hair to dry it and his pyjamas, well more like just a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt in his other hand. He saw that the Canadian didn't move from were he left him.

"Why are you still here Matvey?" Ivan asked. Matthew looked at Ivan then looked at the side, a little embarrassed.

"I-I don't f-feel safe after last n-night." Matthew said, his voice trembling. Ivan looked at Matthew with sympathy. He put his pyjamas on top of his dresser and sat down on the bed. He pulled the shacking Canadian in his arms, rubbing cercles on the nation's back.

"I'm very sorry about my sister. I never wanted this to happen. I didn't know Natalya would take it that far. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." Ivan said, holding Matthew tighter.

"I-It's okay Ivan. I-It wasn't your f-fault. I-I just don't f-feel okay a-alone." Matthew said, stuffing his head into the crevice of Ivan's neck while hugging the Russian tightly.

"I'm right here. I'll protect you." Ivan said.

Matthew wasn't crying, more like having a mini panic attack. When Matthew calmed down, Ivan let go of the Canadian.

"You go take a shower in the bathroom in the room. I'll be right here. There's no windows in there so no one can enter except for the door." Ivan said.