Chapter 8

Matthew takes some snow and makes a snowball discreetly as him and Ivan talk. He then throws it which hits the Russian on the chest. Ivan looks at the Canadian in the snow and grins as he grabs some snow to make a snowball.

A big snowball fight was created in between the two nations, each of them throwing snowballs at each other like their life depended on it.

As this was happening, Matthew was secretly creating a huge ball of snow to throw on Ivan. After sometime, the snowball was finally complete. When Ivan went down to get some snow, Matthew took the ball in his hand and held it over his head while wearing an evil smile.

Ivan got up to be met with Matthew holding a huge snowball over his head. Matthew threw the snowball, a bunch of the snow going on his face. He closed his eyes and wiped the snow off his face and glasses.

He opened his eyes to see that the Russian wasn't there anymore. Then instantly, a bunch of snow went on top of Matthew, now covering his hair and a little of his face and glasses. He looked up to be face to face Ivan, the Russian wearing a victorious grin on his face.

Matthew shook his head to get the snow off his hair and his face. He then felt something lean on his head. He realized Ivan had his two hands in twined on Matthew's head as the Russian rested his chin on his hands. Matthew blushed.

"I haven't had a snowball fight in years. It was quite fun." Ivan said. Ivan let out a deep breath as Matthew just stood there blushing.

"Let's go inside, Da?" Ivan said, removing his chin and hands from Matthew head.

Matthew nodded as he picked up Kumajiru and covered his red face. Then the two nations walked inside. They took their stuff off and their clothes were soaking, well more Matthew than Ivan.

" I can start a bath for you so you don't get sick. You can give me your wet clothes and I'll dry them." Ivan said.

The two nations went their separate ways, Ivan to the bathroom and Matthew to the room he was staying in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ivan finished to run the bath and walked to were Matthew was. Ivan knocked on the door.

"Matvey, your bath is ready." Ivan said.
Matthew opened the door holding his pyjamas and some underwear.

"M-Merci, Ivan." Matthew said before he walked to the bathroom. Kumajiru followed.

Matthew got to the bathroom and was about to close the door before he saw Kumajiru behind him.

"Do you want a bath too Kumajera?" Matthew asked. Kumajiru nodded.

"I thought you hated ba-" He stopped himself when he saw Kumajiru shivering. He brought the polar bear in the bathroom before he closed the door.

He got his wet clothes off and got into the warm water, Kumajiru joining him. The two sigh and enjoy the warmth of the bath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matthew walked out of the bathroom and walked downstairs to tell Ivan he was going to sleep. He saw that the Russian wasn't there so he went straight to the library this time.

He kinda got lost but he found it. When he looked inside, it was much more mesmerizing then when he saw it in the day.

The moonlight from the window was the only thing that illuminated the big room. Ivan was sitting in the room, using the light of the moon to read. The angle of the light made Ivan's hair shimmer and outlined Ivan's masculine features on his face.