Crush No Way!

Bree's POV

"Yo, it's so obvious, you got a crush already!? It hasn't even been day!" I hear Kaz say.

"Hey whatcha guys talking about?" I ask stepping into the lab.

"NOTHING I'M A SMART MAN AND YOU'RE NOT!" Chase yells running out of the lab.

"Well that happened," I say looking at Kaz.

"Yep, well I'mma leave see ya!" Kaz says also leaving the lab.

"Great I came in here for nothing!" I say running out the lab.

Chase's POV

What is wrong with me! Why am I feeling this way! I promised myself never to fall for anyone again, especially after what happened the last time.... What is happening? I go into my dorm to see Oliver playing video games, I don't want to be in here. I go out to the living room to see (Y/N) on the patio. Hey maybe if I get to know her this feeling will stop. Or can make this feeling grow. Whatever it's worth a shot.

"So... (Y/N) what are your abilities other than reading people's minds," I ask holding my hand out for her to shake.

"Hello, Chase ...My powers are freakish and villainous.So if I tell you them will you judge me?" she asks looking at me. I begin to feel the heat rising to my cheeks. She's so cute! Wait what am I thinking!

"You think I'm cute?" she says looking super innocent.

"N-no, wait yes! Wait no! I can explain!" I say trying not to sound weird.

"It's okay Chase, I think you're a cute friend too," she said without any hesitation.

"Y-you think I'm cute?" I say softly.

"Yeah, I think everyone's cute!" she says making my heart sink.

"Oh.. that's cool," I say looking away from her.

"Did you not like what I said, Chase?" she asks looking genulied worried.

"No it's okay, I just feel really weird today," I lie.

"Okay I won't pry," she says looking at me to see if she did anything wrong.

"So your powers?" I ask again.

"Oh yes! My first power is controlling shadow's, second is manipulating any object, for example," she says lifting a piece of paper with her mind. The paper begins to morph into a butterfly I think then a flower into a human? She gives me the creation and I hold it.

"Why would you think it's villainous?" I ask.

"Well Eriyani's always told me-" she begins.

"She's always told me I'll never be a hero; that I'll always be a pathetic wannabe, and there's nothing I can do about it," she says tearing up. Aw, man good job Chase now she's crying! That is such a Chase thing to do!

"If it helps at all, I don't think your pathetic," I say trying to make her feel better.

"Really!" she says smiling at me for the first time.

"Yeah I think your powers are awesome!" I say with enthusiasm.

"Thanks Chase!" she says hugging me again. I give into the hug once more.

"I'm gonna have to make another costume for you, and sadly Eriyani," I say lightening up the mood.

"I've been a fan of you guys for a while and I might have a costume idea!" she says taking a paper out of her bag.