WINTER

Sydney, Australia

Holy fuck Felix's stomach was churning.

Because there he was.

He can't remember the last time he said more than a few words to him, not since he started school, not since Changbin.

But as soon as he got that text, that text that asked him if he was home for the holidays, that stupid text that brought him here, to this stupid bar.

He couldn't say no, in fact, the very realization that they used to be very close friends hit Felix in the face like a ram truck.

Felix thought he could forget about him, forget that Christopher Bang even existed.

But then he was reminded of Changbin, he didn't need to be worried, because no one would compare to the boyfriend he has now, no old crushes would change that.

Felix drew in a fortifying breath, standing up a bit straighter as he aimed for the bar stool, waiting for a certain Lee Felix.

Chan had already gotten a drink, and was looking around hopelessly, waiting for the boy's arrival.

When Felix finally stood next to him, he was faced away, eyes drawn to the football game on the TV above the bar.

He stood there awkwardly for a few seconds, unsure of what to do, until he finally cleared his throat, a low voice someone could recognize anywhere, "Chan.."

The older jumped, head flipping quickly to take in the lanky boy to his left. A smile grows quickly, taking him to his feet to finally hug him, "Shit, Felix, hey!"

"I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever!"

Felix's inner conscience wants to scream, "We havent! That's why!", but the hug takes him out of his pessimistic thoughts, "I know." Felix lightly rubs the older's back, he had missed him, no matter how scared he was to talk to him.

Chan pulls away after a few moments gesturing for Felix to take a seat at the bar stool next to his, "How have you been?"

Felix couldn't help the small smile that spread on his face, he should have known. Chan's overflowing charisma could calm him down without even trying.

He didn't even know why he was nervous.

Maybe this was closure.

"I've been really good, schools been beating my ass though."

The older laughed loudly, there was an overwhelming feeling of joy in the air of the bar, and it was quite contagious, "Hey, but college is a walk in the park compared to high school."

Felix scoffs, teasing him, "What do you know? You're a business major."

"Ohh, so you think you're better than me since you're going to be a doctor?"

The younger smiles, shrugging, "If the shoe fits."

Chan playfully hits Felix's shoulder, "Lemme get you something to drink."

Felix watches the man interact with the bar tender, he knew what Felix wanted to drink, he could never forget.

It was weird, a new feeling, to be able to look at the man without feeling the butterflies, with out his heart palpitating.

It felt like relief.

He was going to have to do it at some point, it was only a matter of when he would finally will himself to do it.

"So.." Chan looked like he wanted to ask something but he didn't exactly look like he knew how to say it, "did Changbin come with you to Australia?"