twenty four

_______________________________

"What?!" Taylor exclaims, springing up from my bed. "Namjoon, as in the Kim Namjoon, is on his way to pick you up right now?!"

I laugh lightly as I shuffle through my drawer, trying to pick a decent outfit that was better than my pajamas. "Yep," I reply, pulling out a simple white, cropped sweater. After throwing on the top, I turn to her, displaying my getup and she nods approvingly. Black and white plaid pants and white sneakers accompanied the sweater.

Satisfied with the outfit, I send a message to Namjoon, informing him that I was ready. He replied soon after with a 'omw :)'. I threw my phone on my bed before plopping down onto my office chair.

Taylor shoots me an incredulous look. Her eyebrows were so high up that they looked like they could pop off and fly away at any given moment. "How can you be so nonchalant about this? This is insane!" she yells, throwing her hands in the air. "Don't you realize how lucky you are?!"

I mirror her expression, "how does this make me lucky? I'm only going to fix a broken relationship."

"I'm not talking about that! Y/n, you get to hang out with our idols!"

"Taylor, they're people. Just like you and I."

She crosses her arms, "yeah, insanely hot and talented people. Who, need I remind you, are considered to be the most popular boy band in the world at the moment! How are you not bouncing off the walls with excitement?!"

"How could I when I know that Jungkook currently hates me?" I frown, pulling my knees up to my chest and resting my head on them.

Taylor rolls her eyes before walking over to me. She places her hand on my shoulder and gives it a comforting squeeze. "He doesn't hate you, Y/n," she tries to reassure me. "He's just upset; he's hurt."

I look away from her and stare at the ground. "He should hate me, I deserve it after all." Smiling sadly, I glance at her. "Aren't I easy to hate?"

Immediately understanding what I was getting at, Taylor knelt in front of me with the most sincere look on her face. "I could never hate you, Y/n," she places her hands on both of my shoulders, giving them a light shake. "I never did and I never will. You'll always be my best friend, my sister. Don't you ever forget that."

sister.

The title played in my head over and over again as a soft smile etched into my face. "Sister, huh?" I think aloud. "I thought we agreed that labels were overrated and awkward."

Taylor mirrors my smile, pulling me into a hug. "Maybe they're not as bad as we thought they were," she says lightly. "It's the truth, after all. You'll always be apart of my family, no matter what."

•••

"Don't do anything that I would do!" Taylor shouts from the lobby entrance as I walk up to the car door. "Like being stupid!"

I chortle, "I'll try, but no promises!" I open the back door to the large black van and slip in, quickly getting situated and comfortable in the middle back seat.