Chapter One - The Plushie That Must Not Be Named

-- DAISY --
Daisy woke up when it was still dark on Friday morning in a cold sweat.
She had a lot going on. She was a foreign exchange student at a prestigious Korean university firstly. Amazing? Yes. Completely intimidating? Also yes.

Secondly, her money situation was getting desperate. Her rent was due, she had completely fucked up an interview for a part time job the previous day and with class taking up all her time, she really felt like just not adulting anymore.

She wasn't getting back to sleep anytime soon, so she made her way into the kitchen and grabbed an apple while she fired up her laptop to check her uni schedule for the day. She was halfway through arranging her day bag when the front door lock rattled from someone trying to get in.

Daisy nearly shat her pants and tried to protect herself by throwing the nearest thing to her at the intruder who somehow managed to get the door open.

Her roommate Yeji flinched slightly when the Voldemort plushie Daisy launched at her head bounced off her cheek and landed on the tiles. "Yeah, we're never surviving a home invasion" she said, giggling while also trying not to look too sheepish at her early hours entry.

Daisy's look of pure terror morphed into one of unbridled delight at the arrival of her best friend clearly walk-of-shaming back into the apartment.
"Excuse me Miss, what time do you call this? And also, why aren't you wearing a shirt under your sweater?" Daisy teased. 

"Fuck off" sneered Yeji, but a smile was threatening to escape her lips.

"It would seem that someone beat me to that!" Daisy continued, howling now. The two girls mock wrestled for a while before a third girl traipsed in, bypassing them entirely to reach the coffee machine, apparently unphased by their bullshit.

"No seriously though, well done. I know you've liked this guy a while, I'm happy for you" Daisy choked out, still in a headlock. Yeji loosened her grip and said "Pussy. But thanks. I left my shirt in his room though...I heard his roommate coming and I had to bounce quickly"

"Are we talking about the study buddy?" the third girl questioned, acknowledging their presence now that she had coffee pouring down her oesophagus.
"He isn't my study buddy Mina, I'm his tutor" corrected Yeji.
Mina choked a bit on her latte "Oh I do apologise Yeji. You're right, a teacher-student relationship sounds much classier."

"Aye aye, time out" interjected Daisy. "That's hardly what's happening here. 1. They're the same age. 2. Yeji is a tutor, not a teacher and 3. That boy has a six pack so you know...case closed."

"I thought you didn't care about abs" Mina raised her eyes at Daisy, trying not to laugh.
Daisy wiggled her eyebrows sleazily "Well just because i don't order it off the menu, doesn't mean I have to send it back if it's served to me accidentally."

"Slick metaphor" snorted Yeji.
"Kindly go fuck yourself" Retorted Daisy.

The girls laughed then all fell silent at the sight of a big red circle around the date on the calendar.
"Rent's due today girls" said Mina quietly.
More silence.

"I don't have it, I'm going to have to ask my Mum again" Mina wailed. "But I'll have it, she won't say no. She'll also lecture me for about 6 hours, but she'll still help me.

"Well I actually have the rent sorted" chimed Yeji proudly, slamming money on the table ostentatiously.

"Oh, have we graduated from tutoring to sex work?" Daisy quipped. She had to duck when Voldemort came soaring at her temple.

"Sorry, sorry, I'm just being a jealous mole" Daisy conceded. "I don't have the money yet girls....I'm so sorry. I'll find a way. I will!"

Yeji smirked and said "You know Daisy...my 'study buddy' has a lot of friends, and you're really clever...I can talk to him for you?"
"Yeji, I'll try anything at this point!" concede Daisy desperately.
"Bet" said Mina and Yeji in unison, laughing.
"Bitches" laughed Daisy, before continuing her studying.