29

Camila's POV
Matthew...
Matthew stood there with red roses in his hands.
"Who is this?" Shawn and Matthew both asked at the same time. "Ehm.... Shawn.... this is Matthew.... Matthew Hussey. The one I told you about." I said. "Yeah, I'm the one she went on a date with." He said proudly. Shawn just looked at him, disgusted. I was kind of shocked seeing him here. How did he know where I lived?
"Here, these are for you." He smiled and pressed the Roses towards my chest so I would take them. Shawn stood next to me, not seeming too pleased.
"What do you want here?" Shawn asked. "I just wanted to give her these. I don't think she gets flowers that often." Matthew said. I nodded and looked up at Shawn, who, by the way, had his jaw clenched. "Are you staying?" I asked Matthew, wanting to be nice, even though I didn't really want him here. "We are actually busy, right Mila?" Shawn asked quickly, looking down at me. I just nodded unsure. "Well, we'll see us soon, hopefully." Matthew said with a smile before turning on my doorstep and going back to his black car with tinted glass.
I closed the door, put the flowers on the table and waited for Shawn, who was looking out of the window, probably waiting till his car pulled out of our driveway.

"Let's just forget about whatever happened and just go back to bed and continue watchi-" "Mila, how can I just forget about this? He just showed up at your door. Or did you ask him to meet him here? Because I'm pretty sure you didn't tell him your address. He even scared you, right?" "Yes, bu-" " No but. This was very creepy Mila. I don't like him... How old is he anyways?" "32...." "What?! You are 22 Camila. Please don't get into false involvements... I need you safe. You deserve so much more." He was acting like my mom but I could understand him. I didn't see Matthew as a friend. I barely know him. I could understand Shawn, of course I could.

When we were back in bed watching the movie, a uncomfortable silence overcame us until Shawn spoke.
"I told you I had a surprise." I looked up at him and nodded. "What is it?"  I asked, not knowing what he would have. He already is here for me, what did I need more?
"Well...: since you don't seem to be doing too well...I decided I come with you on tour.... since this is the last leg in america." He talked very unsure, as if he didn't know if i would like the idea.

I jumped up to him and threw my arms around him.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you." I was really glad he was coming with me. I felt tears of happiness roll down my cheek. "You didn't have to do this Shawn..." Guilt was now washing over me. "Mila, I care, thats why I'm doing this. I'm so happy to be coming with you." He rubbed my back, comforting me again.

For the rest of the evening we watched movies and sat together as best friends. I was really happy that I had him by my side. He has been here for me in my darkest times. And he is going with me on tour as mental support. I still couldn't believe it. Only six more days and I'm back with the girls, who hadn't texted me or anything. That's just another sign of how they don't want me around them.... It sometimes makes me feel really worthless.
No one really is there for me. My parents are always working, my sister is in school and the girls don't care apart from band stuff. But then there's Shawn. He cleared his plans just to go on tour with me. He is the best friend I need. Sometimes I even think about how it would be being his girlfriend. Would he treat me differently? Would he like me back? Would he even want me? probably not. There are so many pretty girls out there. And I'm just.... Camila.
But if Shawn didn't want me, Matthew was there. He is pretty nice as well, but I didn't want to tell that to Shawn. He is very supportive. But never in a million years would I have the courage to tell him any of this... he is way too good for me.

Waking up the next day was hard. I knew Shawn had to go home today so he could pack his bags to come on tour with us. But I knew he would be back in 4 days so we could spend one last day together before going back.

He was currently packing his things and my mom was driving him to the airport later today. Of course I will be going with them.

"Mila, don't be sad. I'm coming back soon ok?" Shawn asked when he saw my tear filled eyes when we were walking to the car. I nodded and put my arms around him.

We sat in the car together on the way to the airport and apart from the radio playing, it was completely quiet. My mom sat in the front alone so that Shawn and I could sit together on the back. He was holding me and running his fingers over my clothed arms, knowing what was underneath. Sometimes it hurt but that was ok.

When we arrived at the airport my mom gave us some time so we could say our goodbyes. Although we were going to see each other in 4 days, it still was hard, especially for me. I had no one else to hold onto. We gave each other a long hug and I hold in my tears. Not now. I'm acting as if I'm never going to see him again... again.... weak. When he let go of me he told me it was time for him to get to his gate. I walked with him and watched him enter. Then he was gone. I stood there for a few minutes, observing people. People who were saying goodbye to each other. Just like Shawn and I a few minutes ago. Some were crying, some were smiling, some were flying together. And I was here alone.

I finally snapped out of my trance when my mom called for me. I turned around and she made a waving hand motion to tell me to get back to the car. I looked back one more time and walked back.