Chapter 3: My lord, could you please be my Master?

Chapter 3

Ildra tried to keep her red locks in place as a not so gentle wind attacked her body. She calmly took in the humongous, old mansion that was in practical tatters and the absence of all the guards that would normally be stationed in front of the front gate.

She didn't feel a tiny bit of surprise at the ruined appearance of the mansion. As soon as she'd heard stories about Duke Castiel of the Devil Kingdom from her information broker, she knew he was a special type of complex person, and deeply admired him. She had always wanted to meet him one day, but she had known that such a meeting was close to impossible. If not for that person's secret, would she still end up here?

Her fascination with devils started at the age of seven, when she heard a couple of maids gossiping about the Devil Kingdom. Intrigued and left with nothing else to do, she burned through thousands of books about devils, and finally came across a person who could give her real-time information about the Devil Kingdom.

After burning through those books, there was nothing else left to do, except wait for the occasional piece of information from the Devil Kingdom. The wait would span anywhere from days to whole months. Other than that person, Duke Castiel was the second person to bring color to her life.

The first story about Duke Castiel piqued Ildra's interest. The second story left her reeling, wanting more. By the third story she completely admired Duke Castiel and was itching to one day meet him.

As she made her way through the tall, creaking gate, Ildra caught a glimpse of a glamorous lady looking 17-18 years old. Half of her golden brown hair was weaved into a braid, while the rest was freely down. The lady was dressed in a lavender button-up dress that seemed very conservative. The only bit of skin showing was her biceps. The lady was undoubtedly beautiful. However, the lady's begging voice destroyed her otherworldly and noble image.

The lady seemed to be begging to be let into the mansion just once. The white-haired man across from her frowned at the lady with a subtle irritation in his eyes. This man was interesting. While in the palace, Ildra learned to read expressions very well. No emotions can escape her eyes. However, she almost missed that man's irritation. In her life, only that person's emotions can be hidden so well.

"Ms. Roland, my master does not want to see you. He has already rejected the Roland family's proposal. He wishes for you to return with dignity," The man's curt voice cut across the silent clearing.

When Ildra heard the man's voice, she couldn't help but doubt the decision she made. Would the Duke even want to see her? Still, she had to try. She wouldn't let this stop her. Her future depends on the success of this meeting. With that, she continued on her way.

This time she was able to see the man's face more clearly. The man's white hair was pulled back into a ponytail. His expressionless silver eyes seemed to draw her in closer to the mansion. The only thing holding back his beauty was the monocle covering his left eye.

The lady was stunned to silence by the man's words. After staying silent for a long while, she seemed to see reason. She slowly lifted herself up from the ground. No matter what, love couldn't be forced. She briskly walked away, taking no notice of Ildra at all.

The man frowned again when his silver eyes landed on Ildra. Why did his master have to be so charming? He's attracted another one. This time he's even attracted a young, human child. She's still a child. He must gently and politely refuse her. She's too young to "fall in love".

"I'm sorry, my master has no wish to see anyone or marry anyone." The man could feel the fatigue slowly hitting him. He desperately wished to go back in and rest.

"I'm not here to marry your master. I'm here to make a deal with him," Ildra clarified. She stood with her back ramrod straight, encircling a noble aura around her.

The man felt a little surprised, but he did not show it on his face. It may be the case that this girl is not actually here for marriage, but he still cannot let her in. These days, his master has a bad temper. He does not wish to see anyone.

However, unexpectedly, Constantine, let her in. She's interesting.

Yes, master. The mind link was immediately cut off. Constantine's demeanor took a complete 360. Constantine forced a polite smile onto his face.

"Please, come in, Honored Guest," he bowed.

Ildra couldn't lie. She was a bit startled by the change in the man's attitude toward her. She even suspected him a little. But it's better this way. She can share her deal with the Duke faster.

Ildra followed Constantine into the mansion. She was stunned. Indeed, outside appearances are deceiving. The outside of the mansion was in tatters. However, the inside oozed absolute elegance.

"Young miss, I have informed my Master of your presence. You may enter," Constantine bowed his head, gesturing to a marble door.

Ildra looked up to see that they had stopped. She politely nodded to Constantine. Taking a deep breath, she slowly opened the door. She was met with the sight of a tall man with pitch black hair and blood red eyes, lazily sitting behind a maroon desk.

Duke Castiel had a smile on his face. The type that could frighten an ordinary person.

"So, what's your deal?" he drawled.

"My lord, could you please be my master?"

Dear Readers,

I'm really not very good with writing descriptions. So, I think once I'm done writing all the chapters for this, I'm going to spend some quality time on writing descriptions.

For once, I didn't want to write about a character who crazily lusts after another character to the point of insanity. So, Miss Roland was like a breath of fresh air. I will tell you though that she does show up later in the story. Whether she shows up as a friend or foe though is debatable.

Don't forget to read, vote, and comment!

Sincerely,

Ms. Author