Chapter 5: I Accept You As My Disciple, Princess Ildra Farvin

Chapter 5

The next morning...

Duke Anakin Castiel puzzled when exactly that interesting girl, Princess Ildra Farvin, would wake from her deep slumber. She had been unconscious from yesterday morning to even now. He calculated it in his head. It's been a full day.

After she fell, he had immediately called for a doctor for it would've been bad if something happened to the princess in his own territory and home. Apparently the princess was just not used to long distance trips, so she had passed out from extreme exhaustion. After leaving the princess' side he was faced with another headache, Duke Fenmore's son: Keefe Fenmore.

Anakin paused a moment to wipe the sweat lining his forehead off before going full force back into the battle with the B-rank devil beast that had recently been tormenting one of the villages in his territory. He still remembered that Keefe's lovestruck expression when he tried to settle scores with him for Freya Roland.

He already made up his mind long ago. Love is nothing majestic. It's only a foolish emotion that can control a person to do horrifying deeds. That is why in this life, there is only one person that he would give his all to.

Anakin bitterly smiled to himself. This year, she should be the same age as that princess who is currently sleeping in his estate. Don't be afraid. I will never give up. Even if I have to go through the fiery depths of hell, I will bring you back safe and sound.

"And I'm done." With a sorrowful moan that could bring chills to an ordinary person, the demon beast collapsed on the ground.

"Devil, in the end I could not kill you. You smell too much like another devil I know," the beast gasped before stilling for eternity.

"How funny. Even if I didn't smell like that other devil, you would still be no match for me," he smirked.

That smirk was soon overwhelmed by a frown. Another devil, huh? Annakin was immediately reminded of the tragedy from seven years ago. This is definitely a lead.

"Oh my! Thank you, Duke! Thank you so much! You're our savior!" a female villager sobbed as she grabbed his leg, pulling him from his thoughts.

Annakin turned his frowning face towards the villager woman. The sight brought back his pounding headache from the day before. He certainly did not look down on his people. But, why did all these villagers have no sense of propriety?

He had not intended to come out himself to slay the beast at first. However, all of his men were currently tied up in the other areas of his territory, slaying beasts. So, Annakin's plan was to secretly corner the beast in a secluded are, and then execute him. Who knew these villagers could be so unbending?

"My lord, Honored Guest has woken up," Constantine bowed to Annakin with a huge smile on his face.

This huge smile was no mistake for Constantine. Yes, master, finally understands how it feels to be bugged everyday by annoying flies. This is the price for making him deal with all those women. Hmph.

The rest of the villagers proceeded to ignore Constantine and surround his master. Everyone expressed their gratitude. Even pushed between all those people, Constantine could still make out his master's gloomy face.

"Everyone, back away from my master!" Constantine yelled, his expression going back to his usual stone face.

The villagers immediately turned silent. The only sound that could be heard was the buzzing of a couple of flies. The villagers slowly backed away from the gloomy man.

One of the reluctant ones suddenly called out "Hey, weren't you the one who led us to the Duke?!"

Annakin immediately threw a glare at Constantine. How dare he?

"My apologies. Shall I treat you to a feast?"

Not one of the villagers hesitated. Everyone threw their hands up in the air and cheered. Quickly, all the villagers stampeded back to their village. Half of the stragglers kept an eye on Constantine, making sure he wouldn't run away from his promise. The other half roped Annakin into being the guest of honor.

"You must come with us, my lord," a lady said while pulling his arm.

"Please don't be hesitant. We don't bite."

"Okay." He sighed to himself. These villagers were so ferocious. How could he resist them. He was also overwhelmed by the villagers' smiles. He knew for those smiles to stay, he needed Princess Ildra Farvin.

"My lord, please have another cup." One of the villager men pushed another cup into his hand.

"No," Annakin bluntly declined.

If he gave the villagers an inch, they would take an entire table. Furthermore, drinking a lot usually gave him more severe migraines than the normal devil.

"Duke-uncle, I'm scared."

He felt a small tug at his clothes. He looked down and was met with the sight of a scrawny little boy who looked about seven years old.

Annakin knelt down to the same level as the little boy. He examined him closely. The boy looked so frail to the point that he could probably end his life in one snap.

"Duke-uncle, I'm going to tell you a secret. That demon beast was Old Man Lu. Will I also end up like that one day too?" he asked, seemingly scared of the answer.

There it was in its finest. The weakness of the Devil Race. Devils were created to be stronger, faster, and smarter than other creatures. However, this did not make devils emotionally strong. So, if one day, a devil's mind was to collapse, he/she would morph into the demon beast Annakin had just dealt with.

"You have to grow up to be strong. You must not let your emotions overwhelm you. You must not collapse from the grievances you will one day face. That's the way to escape that fate."

"Duke-uncle?" asked the little boy with a confused expression on his face. Of course that little boy wouldn't understand. Instead of simply telling him not to be afraid, Annakin had chosen to reveal the complex truth. Every devil should be afraid of that fate. He would not lie to a little boy, no matter how advanced his mental age was.

"Enough. I have told you all that I need to already. The only thing you need to focus on is growing up into a strong, male devil."

The little boy suddenly burst into giggles. Of course he would become strong. He would become strong enough to protect his mother and little sister.

"When I grow up, I want to join the Duke's army!" the little boy yelled, punching his fist into the air.

Annakin stood up from his crouching position. His full height towered over the little boy.

"What an ambitious goal. It is not easy at all to join my army. Do you think you have what it takes?" he asked, eyeing the little boy's scrawny figure.

"Even so, I want to- No, I have to join!"

All of a sudden, Annakin could make out a fierce glow in the little boy's eyes.

"Hmm. I see," Annakin softly smiled.

He proceeded to sneakily leave the village. It was not that hard as all the adults were wasted and all the children were too busy playing their simple, but complex games. And Constantine. Well Constantine, was currently tied up to a tree, wasted. He smirked. This is his punishment for going against his master.

Annakin smiled. Just like that little boy, he didn't just want to save his people. He needed to save his people. Besides, he still needed to be alive and well in order to find her. The only answer to these problems is Princess Ildra Farvin. Annakin continued back to his estate more resolved than ever.

A while later.

"I accept you as my disciple, Princess Ildra Farvin."

Dear Readers,

So did you guys like reading from Annakin's point of view? Would you like more chapters from his perspective? If you do, don't worry, I have a bunch of chapters written from his point of view.

Please read, vote, and comment!

Sincerely,

Ms. Author