Chapter 6: So, You're Going To Send Me Away?

Chapter 6

"Princess, rumours of you going missing have already reached here!" Wendy shouted, totally panicking.

Ildra calmly picked up her teacup and elegantly took a sip. Unlike her maid, she was not panicking about the situation. Did they even know what she, the princess, looked like? Yes, her father would send portraits of her out. However, her father would never imagine that his daughter would be in the Devil Continent. So, it was safe to say that none of the people here would recognize her. Furthermore, the Holy Palace never reveal anything about their donors.

What was surprising though was how fast the rumours spread to the Devil Continent. Could it be that the Devil Continent has more of a foot in the Human Continent than she thought?

"Princess, are you not worried? How will you live here now? As soon as they see a human about the same age as the said princess, they'll know it's you!"

"You're wrong, Wendy. I am currently the disciple of Duke Castiel. It is his duty to protect me. Also, this would probably be concluded as a kidnapping. If I'm found on this continent, the devils will face stress in trade relations. So, there's really nothing to be worried about,Wendy."

Ildra set her teacup back onto the table. She had already had it all figured out long ago. In terms of trade, the Human Continent has one resource that the Devil Continent doesn't have: Ambrosia. Ambrosia is an herb that only grows on the Human Continent. To humans, it's useless. However, to devils, the herb gives off spiritual energy on the same wavelength as them that will help them survive.

Illyria has an abundant supply of Illyria. Illyria is also the most friendly to the devils. To not have a friendly relationship with Illyria would be a loss to the entire race.

"Princess, you are very intelligent," Wendy complimented while staring at her with shining eyes.

Ildra immediately turned her head the other way, the tips of her ears turning red.

"Ah, princess why are you turning away? My...my, are you embarrassed?" Wendy teased, while leaning closer to her master.

"Have you had enough of making fun of me? You are really turning more and more courageous. However you're still a scaredy cat. Hmph. I wonder where you would end up without me by your side," Ildra scowled.

Back at the Royal Palace, Wendy was always nervous. She would be so nervous that she would drop important objects and serve the wrong food. She wasn't destined to be anything more than a scullery maid.

"Um, princess, I want to thank you for promoting me from scullery maid to personal maid," Wendy said, while looking meek.

Wendy could still remember that time clearly. She was enshrouded in nothing, but darkness. At a time like that, the Princess was the only source of light. Princess had given her the courage to freely reach that light. Princess had told her that it wasn't a matter of being deserving or undeserving. Every creature has the right to shape his or her life the way he or she wants to.

---

Annakin frowned at the paperwork in front of him. That princess' words kept on ringing in his head. I want to be your disciple because I would like you to make me fit enough to one day take over and rule my kingdom. If she really wanted to rule the methods of being a ruler, she should have gone to his uncle, the current king of the Devil Continent, not him.

Also, what kind of person who wants to learn how to be a good ruler would slack off on the actual work given to him or her!

He dropped the paperwork and picked up the plate of fruit left for him. He brutally plunged his fork through one of the strawberries and dropped it in his mouth. What kind of disciple was he? Here he was slaving away with the work of his dukedom while she was enjoying tea in her pavilion. Annakin had originally thought that with a disciple his workload could be lightened. However, who would have thought that she wouldn't do any of the work?

The Devil's DiscipleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara